• Something a little different - Wazuma V8F quad bike using a Ferrari V8 and BMW SMG II transmission

      So this is not exactly a modded BMW but we can go outside the box once in a while. This is the Wazuma V8F quad. The F signifying a Ferrari 3.0 liter V8. The V8 produces 250 horsepower which propels the 1400 pound quad easily. What is the BMW connection? The V8 is mated to a BMW SMGII transmission out of an E46 M3. The tires on this beast are 315/30/18 in back and 285/30/18 up front. Unique? Badass? Yes to both and we want one!



















      This article was originally published in forum thread: Something a little different - Wazuma V8F quad bike using a Ferrari V8 and BMW SMG II transmission started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 10 Comments
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        I love it. But it doesnt seem you can do anything practical with it. Taking turns is probably scary.I wonder how they got all the parts to work together, that is amazing.What ferrari model did that ferrari engine come in?
      1. xbox_fan's Avatar
        xbox_fan -
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...BeI#!Basically the same but with a BMW v12 Click here to enlargeThe video narrator is speaking french which is a bit sad but straight-line acceleration must be wicked...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
        I love it. But it doesnt seem you can do anything practical with it. Taking turns is probably scary.I wonder how they got all the parts to work together, that is amazing.What ferrari model did that ferrari engine come in?
        Off the top of my head since im at a bar, 308?
      1. bluejeansonfire's Avatar
        bluejeansonfire -
        ...if you really want to do something with crazy expensive parts. I think this would have been more manageable with almost any lighter engine that makes 250whp.This would be way better and simpler with a N20.But good and simple are two words that have no place anywhere near this thing and are capable of taking away from the feat that is making this all work together.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire Click here to enlarge
        ...if you really want to do something with crazy expensive parts. I think this would have been more manageable with almost any lighter engine that makes 250whp.This would be way better and simpler with a N20.But good and simple are two words that have no place anywhere near this thing and are capable of taking away from the feat that is making this all work together.
        Sitting on top of a Ferrari V8 is epic in of itself.
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        That riding position looks horribly uncomfortable for anything more than short rides to showoff your expensive "quad"
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        That riding position looks horribly uncomfortable for anything more than short rides to showoff your expensive "quad"
        Whatever, it's badass
      1. lughed's Avatar
        lughed -
        That video sucked. The BMW video was better and i think the v12 sounded better but a Ferrari v8, smg trans, color scheme and design tops the v12. The v12 look so much more raw Click here to enlarge. Any still pics of the V12?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lughed Click here to enlarge
        That video sucked. The BMW video was better and i think the v12 sounded better but a Ferrari v8, smg trans, color scheme and design tops the v12. The v12 look so much more raw Click here to enlarge. Any still pics of the V12?
        What V12 are you talking about?
      1. dreikraft's Avatar
        dreikraft -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        That riding position looks horribly uncomfortable for anything more than short rides to showoff your expensive "quad"
        ^ this. before i saw the youtube clip i was trying to figure out from each of the pics how the rider sits on the damn thing. then i notice how pig it was with a rider on it lol