Close

    • Rematch: BMW E90 335i Automatic with BMS JB4 tune vs. BMW E92 335i Manual with Vishnu Procede

      This is the rematch of the race that was posted last week. Many fanboys whined and cried that the Procede car was not at full strength due to issues with the meth system despite the BMS tuned E90 running less boost. Fine, here is the rematch between the two with some minor changes to the cars. The result is a much closer this time around that should make everyone happy. Video and full mod list below.

      E92 335i manual:

      Procede Rev 3
      18 psi
      PWM meth kit 90/10 mix
      CSL trunk
      Mtech front bumper
      Morr VS7 rims
      Stett CAI
      AR Catless downpipes
      Muffler delete

      E90 335i automatic:

      JB4
      BMS under hood meth kit
      85/15 mix with CM10 and CM5 nozzles
      18 psi
      HPF intercooler
      AR Downpipes
      ER chargepipe and synapse blow off valve
      BMS DCI



      This article was originally published in forum thread: JB4 vs. Procede - rematch started by Forcefed View original post
      Comments 83 Comments
      1. alpinedevil335's Avatar
        alpinedevil335 -
        Hotrod has TONS of behind the wheel 1/4mile experience, consistent traps, sick ET's. Sikh is no where in his league. Easy win for Warren.
      1. bakeme521's Avatar
        bakeme521 -
        Honestly for me at the dragstrip (once my new clutch is broken in) I am going to suck at first. It will be the first time I have ever launched on a 2 step and the first time I will have ever used NLS. It will for sure be a driver's race but it will be interesting. You guys are making me want to just dump the money on the clutch now haha, but I can't I need to wait til I get some extra funding in next week before I can.
      1. Forcefed's Avatar
        Forcefed -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bakeme521 Click here to enlarge
        Honestly for me at the dragstrip (once my new clutch is broken in) I am going to suck at first. It will be the first time I have ever launched on a 2 step and the first time I will have ever used NLS. It will for sure be a driver's race but it will be interesting. You guys are making me want to just dump the money on the clutch now haha, but I can't I need to wait til I get some extra funding in next week before I can.
        It will be fun, no doubt.
      1. Forcefed's Avatar
        Forcefed -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
        Hotrod has TONS of behind the wheel 1/4mile experience, consistent traps, sick ET's. Sikh is no where in his league. Easy win for Warren.
        This is what I am thinking. But we will see, hopefully.
      1. GetSomeE92's Avatar
        GetSomeE92 -
        Nice video. The cars seem pretty evenly matched, with a slight nod to the JB4 car out of the hole.
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bakeme521 Click here to enlarge
        Honestly for me at the dragstrip (once my new clutch is broken in) I am going to suck at first. It will be the first time I have ever launched on a 2 step and the first time I will have ever used NLS. It will for sure be a driver's race but it will be interesting. You guys are making me want to just dump the money on the clutch now haha, but I can't I need to wait til I get some extra funding in next week before I can.
        The dragstrip is a lot of fun, but with a manual it takes a lot of practice to get good times. So don't expect much the first time out except to have fun. At the very least it's a nice safe environment to tune the car and practice driving.
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bakeme521 Click here to enlarge
        Honestly for me at the dragstrip (once my new clutch is broken in) I am going to suck at first. It will be the first time I have ever launched on a 2 step and the first time I will have ever used NLS. It will for sure be a driver's race but it will be interesting. You guys are making me want to just dump the money on the clutch now haha, but I can't I need to wait til I get some extra funding in next week before I can.
        If you don't have the DSS rear axles might as well not go...trust me, you'll wheel hop BAD and be calling a tow truck soon...automatics get away with it as they launch at 2-2.5k rpm and they properly preload the drivetrain pre-launch...then, once you've sorted that out, clutch is up next...

        dude, manuals don't have it easy on the wallet at the drag strip...oh, and if you don't have a line lock you're basically just setting yourself up for losing the race as well as much higher potential for breaking things

        in the end, it truly is A LOT of fun hehe just expensive
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Nah manuals race all the time and busting shafts is rare. It's mainly full slicks cars that break them and almost always ones that are lowered.
      1. bakeme521's Avatar
        bakeme521 -
        I mean I'm no novice to the dragstrip guys haha, just saying I've never done a 2 step launch or used NLS so there will be a learning curve for me on that. AT have it easy, all they have to do is press a pedal but it sure as hell isn't as much fun. As for busting a shaft I'm not worried. My 30 series hankook v12s don't hook for $#@! so there is plenty of slip on the tires that busting a shaft won't happen. Either way it goes I don't expect to beat him on the strip at all, I will go just to see how well I can keep it in a straight line and get it down the track.
      1. Forcefed's Avatar
        Forcefed -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bakeme521 Click here to enlarge
        I mean I'm no novice to the dragstrip guys haha, just saying I've never done a 2 step launch or used NLS so there will be a learning curve for me on that. AT have it easy, all they have to do is press a pedal but it sure as hell isn't as much fun. As for busting a shaft I'm not worried. My 30 series hankook v12s don't hook for $#@! so there is plenty of slip on the tires that busting a shaft won't happen. Either way it goes I don't expect to beat him on the strip at all, I will go just to see how well I can keep it in a straight line and get it down the track.
        The dragstrip will be purely for fun. It will be interesting to see how out trap speeds compare.
      1. carcars's Avatar
        carcars -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
        Oh, now i see why the coupe (procede car) would get a jump on the sedan (jb4 car)...i didn't realize the coupe was a manual, obviously it'll jump out as you can set yourself in gear better on those 30-40 rolls to get that jump...with NLS on the coupe (manual) it should get even more interesting..


        at the strip though 6AT has the advantage unless the 6MT driver knows exactly wtf they're doing with their 2-step...also, if the 6MT driver doesn't get a line lock from AR forget it, 6AT will take it every time
        are nothing fair, automatic and manual againstopen passenger window to very high speedClick here to enlarge
      1. Forcefed's Avatar
        Forcefed -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
        are nothing fair, automatic and manual againstopen passenger window to very high speedClick here to enlarge
        Wait what? I had a passenger, too. I dont know what you are saying.
      1. carcars's Avatar
        carcars -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
        Wait what? I had a passenger, too. I dont know what you are saying.
        what size tires you been?
        you take the passenger window open as well?
        dow you bring change king or automatic?
      1. Forcefed's Avatar
        Forcefed -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
        what size tires you been?
        you take the passenger window open as well?
        dow you bring change king or automatic?
        1) Stock runflats.
        2) Yes, my window was partially open.
        3) I dont like that index. Try looking at the wilshire 3000, it is nice to check every once in a while.
      1. carcars's Avatar
        carcars -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
        1) Stock runflats
        2) Yes, my window was partially open
        3) I dont understand
        excuse my friend, my English is very bad

        I think the difference is the change

        and measuring 17-18-19 inch wheels? 255-265-275?
      1. Forcefed's Avatar
        Forcefed -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
        excuse my friend, my English is very bad

        I think the difference is the change

        and measuring 17-18-19 inch wheels? 255-265-275?
        235/40/18 front
        255/35/18 rear
      1. carcars's Avatar
        carcars -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
        235/40/18 front
        255/35/18 rear
        There is a good difference

        his friend to take measures in your e92?
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bakeme521 Click here to enlarge
        I mean I'm no novice to the dragstrip guys haha, just saying I've never done a 2 step launch or used NLS so there will be a learning curve for me on that. AT have it easy, all they have to do is press a pedal but it sure as hell isn't as much fun. As for busting a shaft I'm not worried. My 30 series hankook v12s don't hook for $#@! so there is plenty of slip on the tires that busting a shaft won't happen. Either way it goes I don't expect to beat him on the strip at all, I will go just to see how well I can keep it in a straight line and get it down the track.
        Ah got it. 2step will be useless unless you are on full slicks, but the NLS may add a MPH or so if it works properly.
      1. Forcefed's Avatar
        Forcefed -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
        There is a good difference

        his friend to take measures in your e92?
        I am the driver of the E90.
      1. bakeme521's Avatar
        bakeme521 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by carcars Click here to enlarge
        There is a good difference

        his friend to take measures in your e92?
        I have 275/30/19 in the rear and 245/35/19 in the front.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        Ah got it. 2step will be useless unless you are on full slicks, but the NLS may add a MPH or so if it works properly.
        That's what I figured, Probably won't change my launching style, will be nice to try out the NLS.