Close

    • BMW 335 battle - E90 automatic with JB4 at 16 psi takes on a Vishnu Procede E92 6 speed at 18 psi

      The BMS versus Vishnu N54 tuner fight is one of those never ending wars with battles fought again and again with victories on both sides often leaving fanboys crying and disoriented. It is great to see actual comparisons in the real world instead of the typical forum flame war and we have such a comparison right here. The E90 in the video has a JB4 on map 3 16 psi, BMS meth kit, ER charge pipe, Synapse BOV, AR catless downpipes, HPF intercooler, and BMS DCI. The E92 has the Procede aggressive map at 18 psi, PWM meth kit, AR Downpipes, Vishnu charge pipe, muffler delete, and Stett CAI.

      The E90 with the JB4 and less boost surprisingly pulls the E92 with the Procede on both runs. No word on if Shiv@Vishnu had a heart attack after seeing the result or if the Vishnu fanboys grabbed pitchforks and torches and are marching on the location of the BimmerBoost server as you read this. To be fair, the E92 6 speed had clutch slipping and meth issues. Definitely a cool comparison to see and there is no denying the automatic is more consistent. We look forward to seeing a rematch.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: JB4 vs Procede started by Forcefed View original post
      Comments 176 Comments
      1. DarkPhantom's Avatar
        DarkPhantom -
        Rigged.

        I don't believe this bull!@#.

        PROCEDE ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY







        ....good effort. Thank you for the video content Click here to enlarge

        At this point, I would really like to see races between the upgraded turbos rather than just tunes...those vids are about 3 years ago Click here to enlarge
      1. Forcefed's Avatar
        Forcefed -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
        Rigged.

        I don't believe this bull!@#.

        PROCEDE ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY







        ....good effort. Thank you for the video content Click here to enlarge

        At this point, I would really like to see races between the upgraded turbos rather than just tunes...those vids are about 3 years ago Click here to enlarge
        Sorry, I have another coming for you Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
        Let's compare a new F10 M5 and CLS 63, but remove a spark plug out of the Benz. This will be a good representation of both....
        Oh, so you mean intentionally skew a comparison versus what happened here in the real world? It's a fun comparison, not the be all end all. Nobody is denying there were issues but no car was intentionally hampered to portray the JB4 as superior.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
        The re-match, that will be epic.
        Well then cool, now we have more interest and build up.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
        Of course you can...you can also race two stock cars...what's your point? I'm just saying if they're trying to go all out to first get the cars running 100%
        They were just racing for fun not trying to have a huge war which is what my post was poking fun of in the first place. Honestly guys, you take some of this stuff WAY too seriously.

        They are friends, they ran, what happened happened. They will race again, and again... and again. Things happen, cars are not always perfect, etc.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
        At this point, I would really like to see races between the upgraded turbos rather than just tunes...those vids are about 3 years ago
        Fact is the vast majority will just run tunes on their 335's and also the tunes have evolved substantially since 3 years ago.

        We want to see it all, tunes, upgraded turbos, everything vs. everything. The more content the better.
      1. Forcefed's Avatar
        Forcefed -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        They were just racing for fun not trying to have a huge war which is what my post was poking fun of in the first place. Honestly guys, you take some of this stuff WAY too seriously.

        They are friends, they ran, what happened happened. They will race again, and again... and again. Things happen, cars are not always perfect, etc.
        Good post. This is exactly how the video was supposed to be perceived.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
        Good post. This is exactly how the video was supposed to be perceived.
        NO. You must have a rematch with the exact same mods, same fuel, same weight, same boost, AND same transmission or else your entire existence is invalid.
      1. Forcefed's Avatar
        Forcefed -
        Well im glad to see this attracted attention. It will make the next video all the more pleasing. I promise it will be much much better.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
        Well im glad to see this attracted attention. It will make the next video all the more pleasing. I promise it will be much much better.
        Try to throw a BimmerBoost reference in the next one.
      1. Forcefed's Avatar
        Forcefed -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Try to throw a BimmerBoost reference in the next one.
        This will be the only place it is posted. If you want to put it on the front page Click here to enlarge
      1. themyst's Avatar
        themyst -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
        I guess because ign correction was set to 0. But he most definitely hit 18.6psi, he will even tell you that.
        18.6 psi down low with a lot of cps offset is perfectly within the turbo's efficiency range. Running 18.6 psi past 6500 RPM, that's cause for concern. 18.6 psi with ignition correction set at 0 is asking for trouble unfortunately.
      1. themyst's Avatar
        themyst -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        Moral of the story. Don't buy overcomplicated kits? Click here to enlarge
        Mine is as simple as it comes Click here to enlarge But yes I've always said the PWM meth kit controlled by the Procede is a joke, and still stand by that opinion!

        Do you honestly want a tune that can't even update itself properly without erroring out on your laptop with no verification process controlling your methanol injection too? lol.
      1. Forcefed's Avatar
        Forcefed -
        Here is my honest opinion

        The PWM kit was extremely nice. It came with a few more parts than the BMS kit and took a tad longer to install. It came out looking excellent. I would not spend the extra money on it. But they are both great kits.
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
        Here is my honest opinion

        The PWM kit was extremely nice. It came with a few more parts than the BMS kit and took a tad longer to install. It came out looking excellent. I would not spend the extra money on it. But they are both great kits.
        sure, its just that one works and the other one not so much Click here to enlarge just kidding
      1. Forcefed's Avatar
        Forcefed -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
        sure, its just that one works and the other one not so much Click here to enlarge just kidding
        lolol. Well it works now, quite nicely might I add, so no one complain about it next time Click here to enlarge
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
        Mine is as simple as it comes Click here to enlarge But yes I've always said the PWM meth kit controlled by the Procede is a joke, and still stand by that opinion!

        Do you honestly want a tune that can't even update itself properly without erroring out on your laptop with no verification process controlling your methanol injection too? lol.
        I ordered in a bunch of nice basic boost switches (the DO ones). So we'll be offering a WW kit variant with just the basic boost switch for those of you using flash tunes but want a simple easy to install/remove meth kit. Price will be $369 and you can pick a CM5, CM7, or CM10 nozzle.
      1. bakeme521's Avatar
        bakeme521 -
        This all just makes me laugh.But yes, the meth kit is working flawlessly now on stg 3 aggressive maps. The culprit was a bad ground, I changed the mount location so I had to find a new place to ground which did not work. I extended my ground wire to work on the original location and it works great now. The clutch is holding, but just barely, hopefully it will hold until tomorrow night and we can make a new video.
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bakeme521 Click here to enlarge
        This all just makes me laugh.But yes, the meth kit is working flawlessly now on stg 3 aggressive maps. The culprit was a bad ground, I changed the mount location so I had to find a new place to ground which did not work. I extended my ground wire to work on the original location and it works great now. The clutch is holding, but just barely, hopefully it will hold until tomorrow night and we can make a new video.
        ...So you're saying Forcefed cut your ground wire and sprayed WD-40 on your clutch to win the race? Click here to enlarge
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
        18.6 psi down low with a lot of cps offset is perfectly within the turbo's efficiency range. Running 18.6 psi past 6500 RPM, that's cause for concern. 18.6 psi with ignition correction set at 0 is asking for trouble unfortunately.
        not really. if you believe the logic that even 8psi has knock on stock tune with 95+ octane, then surely there isnt enough cps in the world to not damage the motor at 18.6 psi on 93 or less octane
      1. themyst's Avatar
        themyst -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        not really. if you believe the logic that even 8psi has knock on stock tune with 95+ octane, then surely there isnt enough cps in the world to not damage the motor at 18.6 psi on 93 or less octane
        steve, you missed one point, nobody races below 4500 RPM on a highway run/drag strip other than the initial launch.