• New BMW 2012,2013 F33 (convertible/cabrio) 4 series spotted testing - 4 Series forum launched (F32,F33)

      Still trying to get used to the idea of a 4 series BMW? So are we and we don't exactly like it. No reason to throw away the 3 series coupe but BMW will do what BMW wants to do. The 4 series convertible was spotted testing (the designation/chassis prefix for it is F33) and it looks pretty good. We'll reserve judgement until we see the final product but if it is anything like current BMW designs it will likely play it safe. Expect the 4 series in 2012, possibly as a 2013 model.

      We have also launched our BMW 4 series forum section. We expect more details on the F32 (coupe) and F33 (convertible) shortly. It remains to be seen if an F35 4 door coupe is produced as well.














      #f33
      This article was originally published in forum thread: New BMW 2012,2013 F33 (convertible/cabrio) 4 series spotted testing - 4 Series forum launched (F32,F33) started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 9 Comments
      1. DarkPhantom's Avatar
        DarkPhantom -
        I still don't understand where it will fit in though??

        I mean, who would be the competition?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
        I still don't understand where it will fit in though??

        I mean, who would be the competition?
        Uh, what? You know this is just the new name for the 3 series coupe right?
      1. DarkPhantom's Avatar
        DarkPhantom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Uh, what? You know this is just the new name for the 3 series coupe right?
        But why o_o that's what I want to know. 3 series is fine
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
        But why o_o that's what I want to know. 3 series is fine
        Yes but you asked what it would compete it and it will compete with what it has always competed with.
      1. KB's Avatar
        KB -
        I think they are doing it so they can charge a little extra for the 4 series. Right now they charge about a grand extra for the e92, but when they introduce the 4 series, I guarantee there will be no less than a $5,000 premium. Kind of like what they do with the 5 and 6 series, just in a smaller scale.

        I also think they will have a little power bump for the 35 engines (20hp?) for the 4 series compared to the 3...they might even call it a 40. This is just a guess though.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
        I think they are doing it so they can charge a little extra for the 4 series. Right now they charge about a grand extra for the e92, but when they introduce the 4 series, I guarantee there will be no less than a $5,000 premium. Kind of like what they do with the 5 and 6 series, just in a smaller scale.

        I also think they will have a little power bump for the 35 engines (20hp?) for the 4 series compared to the 3...they might even call it a 40. This is just a guess though.
        There will likely be a small premium, at least I hope so. Makes the coupe somewhat more exclusive.

        Not sure about the power bump, interesting idea but may be reserved for an is.
      1. KB's Avatar
        KB -
        Verts are for the ladies.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
        Verts are for the ladies.
        That is what I always tell anyone buying a spyder at a Ferrari dealership. Then security escorts me out.
      1. KB's Avatar
        KB -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        That is what I always tell anyone buying a spyder at a Ferrari dealership. Then security escorts me out.
        Well, it's a good thing the security in this joint are a bunch of pussies!!!! I dont have to worry about being thrown out!!!Click here to enlarge