Close

    • M3 boost only 1/4 mile record broken again - 11.1@126.9 by VAC Motorsports VF-Engineering supercharged E92 M3

      Well, that was fast. The boost only 1/4 mile record for the E9X M3 barely stood for a week before being broken. VAC Motorsports managed to raise the bar by almost 2 tenths with a run of 11.1@126.99. They also set the new E9X M3 60 foot record breaking BimmerBoost's own 1.781 with a 1.776. Very impressive results for a DCT M3 with a full Fabspeed exhaust, Mickey Thompson drag radials, and a VF620 supercharger kit. Congratulations to VF-Engineering and VAC.















      This article was originally published in forum thread: M3 boost only 1/4 mile record broken again - 11.1@126.9 by VAC Motorsports VF-Engineering supercharged E92 M3 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 19 Comments
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        Congrats to VAC Click here to enlarge great run!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Is the VF kit even for sale yet?
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        that a dope kit! I know someone is gonna get a line lock on their car Click here to enlarge

        btw do the M cars have axle upgrades yet? How do they not blow the diffs out the back?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
        btw do the M cars have axle upgrades yet? How do they not blow the diffs out the back?
        The M3 rear end is pretty beefy and these cars do not make big crank torque. See, torque is overrated.
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The M3 rear end is pretty beefy and these cars do not make big crank torque. See, torque is overrated.
        odd. When these cars came out, my friend at the dealer had a rash of M3s with snapped diff covers. Apparently launching them on the street would snap the aluminum ear right off the diff cover.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
        odd. When these cars came out, my friend at the dealer had a rash of M3s with snapped diff covers. Apparently launching them on the street would snap the aluminum ear right off the diff cover.
        Hmm, never heard about that. I can tell you I launched the living $#@! out of my car at 6000+ rpm and never had a diff/axle problem.
      1. George Smooth's Avatar
        George Smooth -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
        odd. When these cars came out, my friend at the dealer had a rash of M3s with snapped diff covers. Apparently launching them on the street would snap the aluminum ear right off the diff cover.
        I know of two NA cars local to us that have had that happen. Not sure why only some cars are affected. Both cars where manual.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
        I know someone is gonna get a line lock on their car
        Click here to enlarge
      1. Scorpion's Avatar
        Scorpion -
        Real nice, tire heating video was awesome.
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        Click here to enlargeI definitely see some awesome battles coming our way as more of these guys start using drag radials!
      1. M3*GaryShrig*M3's Avatar
        M3*GaryShrig*M3 -
        Congrats VAC and VF on your 1/4 mile time!!! You are making the world of supercharged M3's more competitive week by week!

        Although, if I had to guess, I would think that Akash will be breaking into the 10's sometime next month!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3*GaryShrig*M3 Click here to enlarge
        Although, if I had to guess, I would think that Akash will be breaking into the 10's sometime next month!
        A lot of people are on the doorstep. I'm kind of sorry I missed the whole 10 second on stock internals battle. Oh well...
      1. akh23456's Avatar
        akh23456 -
        congrats guys....monday tens here i come
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
        congrats guys....monday tens here i come
        I certainly hope so, good luck!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
        congrats guys....monday tens here i come
        I certainly hope so, good luck!
      1. M3*GaryShrig*M3's Avatar
        M3*GaryShrig*M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
        congrats guys....monday tens here i come
        Good Luck Akash! Hope the weather is good for you guys!
      1. akh23456's Avatar
        akh23456 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I certainly hope so, good luck!
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3*GaryShrig*M3 Click here to enlarge
        Good Luck Akash! Hope the weather is good for you guys!
        thanks guys hopefully it is....if not Next season.
      1. Mike@VAC's Avatar
        Mike@VAC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
        congrats guys....monday tens here i come
        Thanks man. If you don't run 10s on those drag radials, I will be disappointed Click here to enlarge MAKE IT HAPPEN!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
        Thanks man. If you don't run 10s on those drag radials, I will be disappointed Click here to enlarge MAKE IT HAPPEN!
        Welcome!

        Looks like it will be either you or him... should be interesting Click here to enlarge