Close

    • Buckhead Imports Performance Stage 2 RMS supercharged E39 M5 goes 11.7@122 in the 1/4 mile - Dynos 525 wheel horsepower

      Very nice results for this RMS Stage 2 supercharged E39 M5 that belongs to Buckhead Imports Performance. The vehicle dyno'd an impressive 535 wheel horsepower on a Dyno Dynamics and ran the 1/4 mile in 11.7@122. We must say it is very nice to finally see some positive results with RMS built/tuned hardware on the E39 M5. This supercharger kit will eventually be on sale to the public and we will bring you more details then as this is a promising start. Enjoy the pictures and video below.























      This article was originally published in forum thread: RMS Stage 2 Supercharged E39 M5 by Buckhead Imports Performance of Atlanta Georgia - 11.7@122 and 535 whp started by THATDONFC View original post
      Comments 42 Comments
      1. black bnr32's Avatar
        black bnr32 -
        Hey Chris,What is the bronze/brass thin on the main supercharger bracket? Also, what tools do you use to do CFD/flow testing of the new intake, if any?
      1. lughed's Avatar
        lughed -
        Car sounds glorious
      1. onurleft's Avatar
        onurleft -
        He's so close to breaking the record. Isn't it 11.71 set by the ESS car @ MIR? He surely has the power to beat it eventually
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
        He's so close to breaking the record. Isn't it 11.71 set by the ESS car @ MIR? He surely has the power to beat it eventually
        He is a hundredth behind the ESS car.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Another shot:
        Click here to enlarge
      1. THATDONFC's Avatar
        THATDONFC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
        Hey Chris,What is the bronze/brass thin on the main supercharger bracket? Also, what tools do you use to do CFD/flow testing of the new intake, if any?
        That brass piece is a slide style belt tensioner.

        We have not done any flow testing on this manifold yet. We are still compiling all the data and we will publish it soon. I do know that the manifold will not be the limiting factor of this kit. We have an M5 here running a V7 YSi at full capacity and the only limiting factor right now is the blower.
      1. THATDONFC's Avatar
        THATDONFC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        He is a hundredth behind the ESS car.
        Keep in mind, this was Jason's first time at the drag strip with this car. This car has some much quicker times in it. Notice all the wheel spin in the video. With a proper tire/suspension setup this car can run way faster in the 1/4.
      1. black bnr32's Avatar
        black bnr32 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
        That brass piece is a slide style belt tensioner.

        We have not done any flow testing on this manifold yet. We are still compiling all the data and we will publish it soon. I do know that the manifold will not be the limiting factor of this kit. We have an M5 here running a V7 YSi at full capacity and the only limiting factor right now is the blower.
        Well, hopefully each cylinder is getting the same amount of air.
      1. THATDONFC's Avatar
        THATDONFC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
        Well, hopefully each cylinder is getting the same amount of air.
        The manifold was designed to have equal distribution across all 8 runners. Like I said, we are still in the testing stage.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
        We have an M5 here running a V7 YSi at full capacity and the only limiting factor right now is the blower.
        Why is the blower the limited factor?

        I'm still apprehensive about the YSI due to belt slipping issues. I want a procharger so bad...
      1. THATDONFC's Avatar
        THATDONFC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Why is the blower the limited factor?

        I'm still apprehensive about the YSI due to belt slipping issues. I want a procharger so bad...
        The blower is being over spun at the moment.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
        The blower is being over spun at the moment.
        If it is being over-spun on the S62 that isn't a good sign for S65's. The thing si the E39 M5 engine bay can likely accommodate a bigger blower.

        What are you planning to do?

        How much is it being over spun?
      1. THATDONFC's Avatar
        THATDONFC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        If it is being over-spun on the S62 that isn't a good sign for S65's. The thing si the E39 M5 engine bay can likely accommodate a bigger blower.

        What are you planning to do?

        How much is it being over spun?
        We are still testing the system. We will not be sending this car home at that power level. We will lower the boost and send it on it's merry way.

        I do think the S62 engine bay can handle a much larger blower. We have also been looking into procharger for higher HP SC setups. The step up ratio on their F1-C blower is fantastic.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
        The step up ratio on their F1-C blower is fantastic.
        Exactly what I was thinking. That or F1-R which has the same step up I believe but the F1-C spins faster. I'm guessing the max RPM is important on these higher revving motors?
      1. seth's Avatar
        seth -
        Buckhead is serious business... known Tony over there for a few years now. Glad that he is continuing his tuning success with them. He actually tuned my 1st BMW for me Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by seth@eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
        Buckhead is serious business... known Tony over there for a few years now. Glad that he is continuing his tuning success with them. He actually tuned my 1st BMW for me Click here to enlarge
        So he tuned this setup and not Osh?
      1. THATDONFC's Avatar
        THATDONFC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        So he tuned this setup and not Osh?
        No, Osh tuned this M5. Actually, he flew out to Buckhead Performance to tune this M5 and help Tony learn how to tune these cars. When I say "these Cars" I mean the e39 M5 supercharged cars. They are going to become our East Coast Distributor/Tuner.
      1. onurleft's Avatar
        onurleft -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
        Keep in mind, this was Jason's first time at the drag strip with this car. This car has some much quicker times in it. Notice all the wheel spin in the video. With a proper tire/suspension setup this car can run way faster in the 1/4.
        I could tell, hopefully ya'll will keep it up and show us what it'll lay down when the weather is just right and the set up is perfect. I have a feeling it could go a good bit faster/quicker
      1. seth's Avatar
        seth -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        So he tuned this setup and not Osh?
        I was just referring to Buckheads success in general. Not sure Tony did this one specifically.
      1. BigM62's Avatar
        BigM62 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
        This particular manifold is only for the S62. We are currently developing an M62 version.
        Hurry with my M62 up so I can post pictures and get adulation too!Click here to enlarge..Nice to these kits starting to hit the market Chris, good job and well done.