Close

    • Porsche 911 GT2 RS vs. Mclaren MP4-12C drag race video

      This clip is from Jeremy Clarkson's new Powered Up DVD. Nice to see a drag race between these two cars but the GT2 RS is launched rather poorly and simply gets creamed. The straightline difference between the cars is not this large as the trap speeds in most tests show simply that the Porsche is much, much harder to launch properly. It is rather amusing how Clarkson refers to the GT2 RS as a Volkswagen and well, he's kind of right.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: Porsche 911 GT2 RS vs. Mclaren MP4-12C drag race video started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 19 Comments
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        damn that mclaren is too sick.
      1. fast4door's Avatar
        fast4door -
        would like to see those cars form a rolling start
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fast4door Click here to enlarge
        would like to see those cars form a rolling start
        Same.
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        I'll still take the Porsche over the Mclaren. For some reason the Mclaren looks boring to me.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        I'll still take the Porsche over the Mclaren. For some reason the Mclaren looks boring to me.
        Not really a fan of the McLaren's looks either.
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        So hard to believe the mclaren accelerates that fast.
      1. fast4door's Avatar
        fast4door -
        Id still take the GT2..its been one of my favorite cars for a long time
      1. mm28's Avatar
        mm28 -
        Power up is a great show, and Jeremy even has a great surprise installed for us bimmer fans at the end....but Sticky won't like this surprise very muchClick here to enlarge
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        The Mac doesn't scream at me its conservative and all relaxed looking while that GT2 RS threatens to fondle small children and pee in public spaces... I would take the GT2 all day everyday, though I will be curious who will become the tuner de jure for the Mac's
      1. Ken_C's Avatar
        Ken_C -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fast4door Click here to enlarge
        Id still take the GT2..its been one of my favorite cars for a long time
        Video is down, but I'm with fast4. I've been drooling over the gt2 forever, it still gets my vote...Even after reading the spec sheet of the McLaren.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ken_C Click here to enlarge
        Video is down, but I'm with fast4. I've been drooling over the gt2 forever, it still gets my vote...Even after reading the spec sheet of the McLaren.
        Sucks the video is gone.

        Anyone have a mirror?
      1. CookieCrisp's Avatar
        CookieCrisp -
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        ^ Well done cookiecrisp.
      1. fast4door's Avatar
        fast4door -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
        The Mac doesn't scream at me its conservative and all relaxed looking while that GT2 RS threatens to fondle small children and pee in public spaces...
        lol
      1. onurleft's Avatar
        onurleft -
        I'm pretty sure either C&D or Motor Trend had them both trapping @ 133. I'd like to see a roll, i'm sure the twin clutch wouldn't have as big of an advantage at speed
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onurleft Click here to enlarge
        I'm pretty sure either C&D or Motor Trend had them both trapping @ 133. I'd like to see a roll, i'm sure the twin clutch wouldn't have as big of an advantage at speed
        It always has an advantage but when you spend more time in gear it is lessened.
      1. inlineS54B32's Avatar
        inlineS54B32 -
        I really had NO idea this car (MP4) was THIS fast... I am curious how long that strip was - I can see it winning from a dig (as said above, would love to see this from a roll) if the length of the run was small enough, but this video made the video look GT2 null in comparison to the MP4. I find that hard to believe - the GT2 is a monster.
      1. inlineS54B32's Avatar
        inlineS54B32 -
        This video was on the "recommendations" after that video of the MP4 vs. the Porsche... This astounded me - these brakes are no joke:
      1. fast4door's Avatar
        fast4door -
        wow thats crazy