Close

    • Next generation 2013 M3 captured testing by Insideline who suggests it may be a European only model

      Insideline captured the next generation M3 sedan testing and suggested that the model may not come to the United States. Why? Due to slow sales of the E90 M3 sedan. The thought of an M3 not coming to the USA though is simply something we can not fathom. Also, getting used to the idea of an M3 that is sedan only is going to take some time. The video clearly shows the motor is a 6 cylinder with a bit of rasp to it. Expect the motor to be turbocharged as well possibly with a tri-turbo setup putting out at least 450 horsepower.





      This article was originally published in forum thread: Next generation 2013 M3 captured testing by Insideline who suggests it may be a European only model started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 38 Comments
      1. klipseracer's Avatar
        klipseracer -
        IC... I don't mind if its a 6 cylinder. Hopefully its built to the hilt and we can tune it to the moon.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
        IC... I don't mind if its a 6 cylinder. Hopefully its built to the hilt and we can tune it to the moon.
        Well, since the debate on motors is over I'm with you. They might as well make it the best it can be.
      1. rezin23's Avatar
        rezin23 -
        That thing better not have a V6!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rezin23 Click here to enlarge
        That thing better not have a V6!
        I'm scared it might.
      1. black bnr32's Avatar
        black bnr32 -
        sounds like a v6 to me, although i'm guessing they're still testing different configurations
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        what are you saying, that it would only be sedan? thats just preposterous. no way bmw would do that
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        what are you saying, that it would only be sedan? thats just preposterous. no way bmw would do that
        The M3 will be sedan only... I know, it's lame.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        what? no way. noone will buy a sedan only m3. people want the coupe
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        what? no way. noone will buy a sedan only m3. people want the coupe
        The coupe will be an M4. BMW is throwing the M3 tradition down the tubes.

        The sedan may not even come to the USA...
      1. Yukohama's Avatar
        Yukohama -
        thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard of. you dont see mercedes changing the name of the c63 amg coupe... beyond my comprehension
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
        thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard of. you dont see mercedes changing the name of the c63 amg coupe... beyond my comprehension
        I know, I know. I hate it.
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        Sounds nothing like the s65 Click here to enlarge. My car sounds better than that. Oh well I hope at least it can be modded as much as a GTR.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        Sounds nothing like the s65 Click here to enlarge. My car sounds better than that. Oh well I hope at least it can be modded as much as a GTR.
        I doubt it will be modded that much.
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        They better bring the F80 to the States. I personally thought the E90 M3 sales were fairly good. I feel like I see more E90 M3s around my area than the E92, hehe.

        Either way, I am just trying to keep faith in BMW M that they'll continue to build amazing cars.
      1. sr20seb's Avatar
        sr20seb -
        Man I guess I'm the only one who likes the M3 Sedan version better than the Coupe. But I do not see a BMW as my next car anyways so I really don't care about the new gen M3.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        They better bring the F80 to the States. I personally thought the E90 M3 sales were fairly good. I feel like I see more E90 M3s around my area than the E92, hehe.

        Either way, I am just trying to keep faith in BMW M that they'll continue to build amazing cars.
        I can't imagine a world without an M3 in the USA. That sounds like a nightmare. Thanks a lot BMW.
      1. metrik's Avatar
        metrik -
        Sounds like a v6 to me also. I am sad.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by metrik Click here to enlarge
        Sounds like a v6 to me also. I am sad.
        If it's a V6 I'll be sad too.
      1. Yukohama's Avatar
        Yukohama -
        i just cant see BMW putting a v6 in their m3... ruins everything.
      1. Sonny's Avatar
        Sonny -
        Okay, guys, I admit I don't know much about BMW's, but I'm here to learn. Why is a possible V6 a bad thing? Since everyone is going F/I, what does it matter how many cylinders the engine has? I mean the GT-R is a beast among beasts. Plus, the last gen M3 was, what, an inline 6 (not sure)?