Close

    • Best BMW of SEMA - A G-power twin supercharged yellow E60 M5

      This was the best BMW of SEMA as chosen by BimmerBoost. We do not know why this car was not in a booth to get the attention it deserved. It was simply outside the North Hall with nobody really paying any attention to it. Obviously we noticed and just like the Mercedes we picked as best of show this car was chosen due to its looks as well as having the performance to back it up. The bodywork was molded for the most part which just looked great, especially the trunk. The car actually pulled off its yellow paint quite well. We wish we had more details on it and perhaps we will get them at a later date.












      This article was originally published in forum thread: Best BMW of SEMA - A G-power twin supercharged yellow E60 M5 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 26 Comments
      1. alpinedevil335's Avatar
        alpinedevil335 -
        Agreed!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
        Agreed!
        Car was so sick, deserved way more attention.
      1. Yukohama's Avatar
        Yukohama -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Car was so sick, deserved way more attention.
        well here is the semi build thread from Mfest. http://www.mfestforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12121

        C
        ar is owned by Chris aka Laidback (well techinically this m5 is owned by his wife) from MFEST
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        how much power does that monster put down?
      1. deemo319's Avatar
        deemo319 -
        That car should have been front and center. The build was great, but the imagination was fantastic. Love the fender flares done in steel. Superb car, and well done.Click here to enlarge
      1. Yukohama's Avatar
        Yukohama -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        how much power does that monster put down?
        They literally finished the car in time for SEMA, not sure of dyno's yet but here is a start up video...

        http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2590488725237

        s
        orry for Facebook video, that's where he uploaded it...
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
        They literally finished the car in time for SEMA, not sure of dyno's yet but here is a start up video...

        http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2590488725237

        s
        orry for Facebook video, that's where he uploaded it...
        HOLY $#@!!!!! Too insane for words.......
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
        well here is the semi build thread from Mfest. http://www.mfestforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12121

        C
        ar is owned by Chris aka Laidback (well techinically this m5 is owned by his wife) from MFEST
        Interesting.

        I thought his E39 M5 wasn't all that good personally, this is a major step up.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by deemo319 Click here to enlarge
        That car should have been front and center. The build was great, but the imagination was fantastic. Love the fender flares done in steel. Superb car, and well done.Click here to enlarge
        Who did the fender flares? I would like similar work.
      1. hworang00's Avatar
        hworang00 -
        Oh....man......I never thought I'd like a bright yellow car, but damn that this is SICK...it seems like a very well put together package...not really lacking in any area but all coming together...Click here to enlarge
      1. black bnr32's Avatar
        black bnr32 -
        I feel the v8 e30 m3 was better. this m5 is too much of a show car for me.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
        I feel the v8 e30 m3 was better. this m5 is too much of a show car for me.
        The E30 M3 would have been my second choice.

        Yes, this car is a whole lot of show unfortunately as most of these Mfest cars are. No timeslips from it or anything but it should be making some decent power.

        It is a pretty good overall package and well done. Much better than the previous attempts seen from this owner.
      1. bluejeansonfire's Avatar
        bluejeansonfire -
        while this car will make tons of power and be really fast, I'm not into the body work at all. Dakar yellow or the other new yellow? regardless, you have to be bold as fvck. Bold beyond me. I loathe flat-lip wheels on show-cars. I would shoot myself in the face before changing a spark plug set. I agree, the e30 m3 was the best car ever. Nevermind SEMA. Because e30 is the best chassis ever, and m3 is the better version of that, and LSx motors are the best motors ever. And that car is finished beautifully.
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Love this car. Finally better pics of Chris's ride!
      1. angelic0-'s Avatar
        angelic0- -
        OMFG, that's my paintjob right there....
      1. THATDONFC's Avatar
        THATDONFC -
        It's such a great car! Prop's to Chris for pulling off such a great build.
      1. deemo319's Avatar
        deemo319 -
        "You don't know the powaaaa of the dark side". I do now Lord Vader!
      1. angelic0-'s Avatar
        angelic0- -
        What is the name of the Yellow color he used... anyone know ??

        I will be using Ferrari Giallo 102.... wonder if it's the same... or if it's Porsche Speedgelb...

        It's 100% not Dakargelb at least.... Dakargelb is a much lighter tone and doesn't have as much red in it....
      1. Yukohama's Avatar
        Yukohama -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Who did the fender flares? I would like similar work.
        "The Shop"
        4232 S. SEPULVEDA BLVD.
        CULVER CITY, CA 90230-4709
        (310) 390- 9407
      1. Yukohama's Avatar
        Yukohama -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by angelic0- Click here to enlarge
        What is the name of the Yellow color he used... anyone know ??

        I will be using Ferrari Giallo 102.... wonder if it's the same... or if it's Porsche Speedgelb...

        It's 100% not Dakargelb at least.... Dakargelb is a much lighter tone and doesn't have as much red in it....
        i tried to find it in the thread, he doesnt directly say the name of the color, but someone does mention Ferrari Yellow