• HPF (Horsepower Freaks) BMW N54 single turbo manifold pictures and details

      We are finishing up the turbo manifold right now. The pictures below were taken a week ago. The head flange is quite complicated with how the turbo manifold seals to the head, but it is also quite ingenious. There are two ports leaving the collector to the wastegate which is a Tial 44mm VBand to ensure boost control is easily maintained. This turbo manifold fits all Precision T4 Performance turbos from a 67 to a 76. We will sell them separately for those that want to build their own custom turbo kit, but will also sell all the hardware to complete the turbo system.















      This article was originally published in forum thread: HPF Exhaust Mani Pics/Discussion started by oddjob2021 View original post
      Comments 45 Comments
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        Jb4 won't give me any more boost to run, basically this is where it'll stay for a bit until I either change the jb4 board to support more boost than a 15ohm board supports or I get a my base map changed...

        I'm currently running against a stockish like base flash from Cobb..I'll try the same on top of the Stage 2+ map as well but that'll be a but less aggressive as it has lower than stock timing targets
      1. Forced Air's Avatar
        Forced Air -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPFBranden Click here to enlarge
        Well at this point we don't have any of that info. We're just buttoning up the turbo manifold on it and any guesses on the capabilities of the motor will be just that, a guess. Hard parts come first, then we'll work out the tuning and fueling issues and make any changes on the hard parts if necessary to accomodate.
        Lol....did he just refer to more fueling on the N54 as an "easy" part?

        Well $#@!...if that is the easy part you guys must be making one insane N54. Click here to enlarge
      1. Trevor008's Avatar
        Trevor008 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
        Lol....did he just refer to more fueling on the N54 as an "easy" part?

        Well $#@!...if that is the easy part you guys must be making one insane N54. Click here to enlarge
        He said hard parts not hard part. I believe he was refering to the hardware as in manifold and such
      1. talontsi97's Avatar
        talontsi97 -
        Can't wait to see the quality on the finished product.
      1. HPFBranden's Avatar
        HPFBranden -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Trevor008 Click here to enlarge
        He said hard parts not hard part. I believe he was refering to the hardware as in manifold and such
        ^^This...I couldn't imagine that much of the tuning and set up would be easy, but neither was the E46 M3 during development.
      1. woodga16's Avatar
        woodga16 -
        ^Hows the project coming? Any updates to enlighten us?
      1. oddjob2021's Avatar
        oddjob2021 -
        update, welded all up! looks much better:

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        that looks amazing. I cant wait for this to be available.
      1. lamia2super's Avatar
        lamia2super -
        Click here to enlarge
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Looks awesome
      1. folgrz's Avatar
        folgrz -
        yesssssssss that looks so titties
      1. dreikraft's Avatar
        dreikraft -
        Attachment 10615
        who did those beads branden?


        dude is rolling out quarters after only a few months exp? nice work!

        now give it up and throw a 128 on their so these guys can run some real boost...lol
      1. enrita's Avatar
        enrita -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
        Take a look at the 60-130 thread I posted...at 19-20psi and RB turbos I've got no fuel limits at all...difference is my AFR targets are flashed instead of controlled via the standard piggy approach
        is IPW maybe part of the non fueling issue?
      1. Jimefam's Avatar
        Jimefam -
        Lol at people thinking that this won't make power because it's not equal length. That would be great for spool but if you've ever seen manifolds on drag V8's you know you can have massively uneven runners and as long as it's well tuned the manifold will not be what limits power. I'm sure a company like HPF will have no issues with the fueling or tuning.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
        Lol at people thinking that this won't make power because it's not equal length. That would be great for spool but if you've ever seen manifolds on drag V8's you know you can have massively uneven runners and as long as it's well tuned the manifold will not be what limits power. I'm sure a company like HPF will have no issues with the fueling or tuning.
        No issue with fueling huh? Everyone has struck out thus far, would be a major feather in their cap.
      1. 654's Avatar
        654 -
        Fueling hasn't been limiting the power enough to get fueling add-on solutions to emerge. The tuning of single turbo seems to be more of a challenge. Someone with the skill should just do it.

        60-130 at 8 seconds is good enough for 99.999% though, so that big single is merely theoretically interesting...
      1. HPFBranden's Avatar
        HPFBranden -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
        Attachment 10615
        who did those beads branden?


        dude is rolling out quarters after only a few months exp? nice work!

        now give it up and throw a 128 on their so these guys can run some real boost...lol
        The gentleman building the manifold has actually been doing it for a lot of years, I actually worked with him at another shop back in 04-05ish. It's the same group thats doing our RHD manifolds.

        www.docrace.com they build good stuff, solid product and good people.
      1. dreikraft's Avatar
        dreikraft -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPFBranden Click here to enlarge
        The gentleman building the manifold has actually been doing it for a lot of years, I actually worked with him at another shop back in 04-05ish. It's the same group thats doing our RHD manifolds.

        www.docrace.com they build good stuff, solid product and good people.
        gotcha, thought this was inhouse.
      1. Irishace's Avatar
        Irishace -
        Sexi mani!