• OE Tuning N55 flash tune released, +57 wtq +41 whp on 91 octane, $695 for all N55 tunes including custom

      The results below are for the OE Tuning N55 flash tune on a 2011 BMW 335i N55. The only mod on the car is an aftermarket downpipe. Baseline is on 91 octane with the stock tune vs. the OE Tuning tune on the same fuel. Custom tunes are available for race gas applications, downpipes, cat deletes, whatever, and all the N55 models. Please contact sales@oetuning.com for more details.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: OE Tuning N55 flash tune released, +57 wtq +41 whp on 91 octane, $695 for all N55 tunes including custom started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 52 Comments
      1. FLYING X5's Avatar
        FLYING X5 -
        1. Yes, It is a trivial problem, and I'm sure the vendor will eventually release a hand held flasher, but until then only authorized dealers can do the flash.
        2. Incorrect, you do not have to pay for the flash again, the point of paying the first time is if in fact the dealer does re-flash the car to stock, you simply go to the flasher again and get flashed back to the tune... PAW and the other flash tuners understand this happens, and do not charge you again for this
        3. Most of this coding is done by using the BMW OEM software and making a few changes in a few lines of code, unless BMW NA does a line by line search for changes in the coding, they won't know, last I checked, BMW dealerships can't do this, only BMW NA. As for erasing codes that were stored, if you don't have a Bavarian Technic tool or other compatible device, than you are correct, you can't erase codes, but I have a BT tool and I can erase codes whenever I desire, so this is a moot point for me.
      1. maxnix's Avatar
        maxnix -
        Free reflash for life is a great offer.

        But it would be better if we had the handheld loaders or at least a laptop hook up.
      1. FLYING X5's Avatar
        FLYING X5 -
        Im sure this in the works eventually. I wouldn't doubt that OE will do this eventually, or maybe even COBB will release one. I think OE would make a killing VIN locking this to whoever they sold a hand held too, but at this point we can only wish...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge

        But it would be better if we had the handheld loaders or at least a laptop hook up.
        These exist on the other platforms and will trickle down eventually.
      1. M3some's Avatar
        M3some -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
        Matt, would be better than poughkeepsie... And i'm sure more interest would be generated if this could be done at your shop instead of a Corvette shop...
        Also this statement needs some attention Click here to enlarge I am J.J. Lomoriello and my shop is Lomotion in Poughkeepsie. I have been working night and day to get the "Corvette only Shop" label to un stick lol. I do have my work cut out for me because my father started the business 27 years ago as a Corvette shop. Yes we are known for our expertise with these cars, but i personally prefer European and Exotics and for the last 11 years i have specialized in performance and maintenance on these vehicles. So what i am getting at is that my shop is not just a corvette shop and to be honest 70% of the vehicles that come through my door are not Corvettes. If i can be of any assistance to anyone please feel free to contact me with any questions. I am always here to help. Happy Motoring
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3some Click here to enlarge
        Also this statement needs some attention Click here to enlarge I am J.J. Lomoriello and my shop is Lomotion in Poughkeepsie. I have been working night and day to get the "Corvette only Shop" label to un stick lol. I do have my work cut out for me because my father started the business 27 years ago as a Corvette shop. Yes we are known for our expertise with these cars, but i personally prefer European and Exotics and for the last 11 years i have specialized in performance and maintenance on these vehicles. So what i am getting at is that my shop is not just a corvette shop and to be honest 70% of the vehicles that come through my door are not Corvettes. If i can be of any assistance to anyone please feel free to contact me with any questions. I am always here to help. Happy Motoring
        Positive post that I will let slide even though it is soliciting to a disagree. We try to build positive relationships.
      1. M3some's Avatar
        M3some -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Positive post that I will let slide even though it is soliciting to a disagree. We try to build positive relationships.
        Thanks sticky..check your pm I'm interested in becoming a vendor on bimmerboost.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3some Click here to enlarge
        Thanks sticky..check your pm I'm interested in becoming a vendor on bimmerboost.
        Got it, responded back.
      1. maxnix's Avatar
        maxnix -
        Good vendors are always good news.
      1. FLYING X5's Avatar
        FLYING X5 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3some Click here to enlarge
        Also this statement needs some attention Click here to enlarge I am J.J. Lomoriello and my shop is Lomotion in Poughkeepsie. I have been working night and day to get the "Corvette only Shop" label to un stick lol. I do have my work cut out for me because my father started the business 27 years ago as a Corvette shop. Yes we are known for our expertise with these cars, but i personally prefer European and Exotics and for the last 11 years i have specialized in performance and maintenance on these vehicles. So what i am getting at is that my shop is not just a corvette shop and to be honest 70% of the vehicles that come through my door are not Corvettes. If i can be of any assistance to anyone please feel free to contact me with any questions. I am always here to help. Happy Motoring
        I stand corrected... Still... Can't justify 2-3 hour drive (4-6 hours round trip) for a flash, but for those who are local to you perfect opportunity/location.
      1. M3some's Avatar
        M3some -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
        I stand corrected... Still... Can't justify 2-3 hour drive (4-6 hours round trip) for a flash, but for those who are local to you perfect opportunity/location.

        Totally Understandable. I do travel down your way a fair bit and i would be more than willing to come down that way to flash a car/cars. I am currently the only one in New York that has OE Tuning tools, my friend owns a shop in Long Island that i can use if that is more convenient for NYC customers.
      1. FLYING X5's Avatar
        FLYING X5 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3some Click here to enlarge
        Totally Understandable. I do travel down your way a fair bit and i would be more than willing to come down that way to flash a car/cars. I am currently the only one in New York that has OE Tuning tools, my friend owns a shop in Long Island that i can use if that is more convenient for NYC customers.
        Thats awesome to hear, Hopefully others see this and realize the possibility exists... Still wish Jeremy would offer a handheld home solution...
      1. M3some's Avatar
        M3some -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
        Thats awesome to hear, Hopefully others see this and realize the possibility exists... Still wish Jeremy would offer a handheld home solution...
        OE Tuning has a Flash Loader for home use as well. The Unit holds 10 Tunes that are Vin locked to your car. The Flash units are $400 extra. OE Flash units are available for a wide selection of cars not just Bmws.

        Attachment 16752

        Attachment 16751
      1. M3some's Avatar
        M3some -
        I forgot to mention the N55 still cannot be tuned via OBD2 with this product, however OE dealers that have OBD2 flash cables for N55 can flash via OBD2. These cables are dealer only.
      1. FLYING X5's Avatar
        FLYING X5 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3some Click here to enlarge
        I forgot to mention the N55 still cannot be tuned via OBD2 with this product, however OE dealers that have OBD2 flash cables for N55 can flash via OBD2. These cables are dealer only.
        Why is that? I mean, why is it limited to (OE) dealers to do the OBD2 flash on the N55... Wouldn't it be easy to simply vin lock the cable, or device (laptop) that is provided to dealers, so that individuals could do the same at home?

        If it were possible to provide the same software to the end user, but you had to vin lock the software on the pc to only your vin, wouldn't that be a big selling point... I don't know... I'm just throwing ideas out there.. I would gladly pay extra for that, so I didn't have to drive to a dealer, or have the dealer drive long distant just to flash my car...
      1. M3some's Avatar
        M3some -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
        Why is that? I mean, why is it limited to (OE) dealers to do the OBD2 flash on the N55... Wouldn't it be easy to simply vin lock the cable, or device (laptop) that is provided to dealers, so that individuals could do the same at home?

        If it were possible to provide the same software to the end user, but you had to vin lock the software on the pc to only your vin, wouldn't that be a big selling point... I don't know... I'm just throwing ideas out there.. I would gladly pay extra for that, so I didn't have to drive to a dealer, or have the dealer drive long distant just to flash my car...
        Those are great ideas and it is something that is definitely being worked on now. Your totally correct it would be much easier, but unfortunately the cable that is N55 specific is not available to the public. Sending out a computer and one of these super expensive cables is a huge risk on the tuning companies end. In the past we have done that only to not receive the equipment back on time or the equipment was damaged. Tuning companies (not just OE) are in the process of working out a solution for an at home flash option. At this point it is just a waiting game. Until someone figures it out i will continue to try to go to whatever lengths to help get someone tuned, that is really all that can be done at the moment.
      1. FLYING X5's Avatar
        FLYING X5 -
        Last Question I have...

        Lets say Customer A gets flashed by OE Dealer... Now lets say in a year or two (hypothetical timeframe) OE releases a 'At Home/Handheld' flash solution for the N55 and Customer A paid for the flash from a OE Dealer, does the Customer now get the Handheld solution at a Deep discount, or...?

        This could potentially be another selling point in the future...

        Side Question, you said the super expensive cable is a huge risk, so lets say it costs $695 for the tune, and the super expensive cable costs $500, well have the customer do a refundable deposit of $500 for the cable, to be refunded after sending the super expensive cable back, or if not returned in a timely fashion or is returned damaged, they forfiet half their deposit or all of it...
        So the question is, how much is that super expensive cable? If you can tell...
      1. M3some's Avatar
        M3some -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
        Last Question I have...

        Lets say Customer A gets flashed by OE Dealer... Now lets say in a year or two (hypothetical timeframe) OE releases a 'At Home/Handheld' flash solution for the N55 and Customer A paid for the flash from a OE Dealer, does the Customer now get the Handheld solution at a Deep discount, or...?

        This could potentially be another selling point in the future...

        Side Question, you said the super expensive cable is a huge risk, so lets say it costs $695 for the tune, and the super expensive cable costs $500, well have the customer do a refundable deposit of $500 for the cable, to be refunded after sending the super expensive cable back, or if not returned in a timely fashion or is returned damaged, they forfiet half their deposit or all of it...
        So the question is, how much is that super expensive cable? If you can tell...

        We used to offer refundable deposits but past experiences is the reason why we do not offer that anymore. There isn't much room on the flash loaders to offer a deep discount but if one of my customers where in the situation that you described above i would sell the loader at my cost.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        @FLYING X5 i'm curious why you want to switch to flash. It adds less whp than JB3 stage 1 does.
      1. BrenM3's Avatar
        BrenM3 -
        The cable is over 4k. And possibility of not being able to buy more then 1 if you lose it once. I've used it. It's not a 2k CMD box. Highly sought after property at the moment and VERY few are allowed access to it. Most are still bench loading N55 DME's for a reason. A 4k deposit does not even cover the aggravation of trying to get another one if lost or stolen.

        FlyingX5 with all due respect for all the time you have spent posting and asking about this you could have drove to Lomotion many times.


        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
        Last Question I have...

        Lets say Customer A gets flashed by OE Dealer... Now lets say in a year or two (hypothetical timeframe) OE releases a 'At Home/Handheld' flash solution for the N55 and Customer A paid for the flash from a OE Dealer, does the Customer now get the Handheld solution at a Deep discount, or...?

        This could potentially be another selling point in the future...

        Side Question, you said the super expensive cable is a huge risk, so lets say it costs $695 for the tune, and the super expensive cable costs $500, well have the customer do a refundable deposit of $500 for the cable, to be refunded after sending the super expensive cable back, or if not returned in a timely fashion or is returned damaged, they forfiet half their deposit or all of it...
        So the question is, how much is that super expensive cable? If you can tell...