Close

    • OE Tuning / Gintani W204 C63 AMG vs. MBH / ASGC C63 AMG

      Always good to see these kind of comparison videos. We like real world, head to head, results. The camera car is a 2011 C63 AMG that has Gintani headers and OE Tuning Stage 2 ECU tune. The other C63 features MBH headers and an ASGC Stage 2 tune. Both cars are on 91 octane pump gas. There are several runs mostly from low speeds. The runs all have the OE Tuning car pulling quite hard. We aren't sure why the disparity is quite so large but great to see a real world comparison.





      This article was originally published in forum thread: OE Tuning / Gintani W204 C63 AMG vs. MBH / ASGC C63 AMG started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 52 Comments
      1. Dodger63's Avatar
        Dodger63 -
        That's gotta be the worst showing of anything I've ever seen.. The cars might be equal but drivers are def. Not! That was Jeremys voice right? They were obviously starting in different gears,
      1. Sonny's Avatar
        Sonny -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I know, edited, my bad. I know it goes against popular opinion, but I'm not flawless and make an error from time to time.
        For the amount you contribute your record is REALLY good. It's impressive. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sonny's Avatar
        Sonny -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        That's gotta be the worst showing of anything I've ever seen.. The cars might be equal but drivers are def. Not! That was Jeremys voice right? They were obviously starting in different gears,
        At 30 mph you can start in D2 right (where it shifts only at redline)? At 40 I don't know, maybe still able to do it in D2 but maybe D3. I don't remember.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        That's gotta be the worst showing of anything I've ever seen.. The cars might be equal but drivers are def. Not! That was Jeremys voice right? They were obviously starting in different gears,
        Yes, that was Jeremy's voice.
      1. Dodger63's Avatar
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        Let me help you, auto embedding is disabled right now so you have to click the video icon:

      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        That's gotta be the worst showing of anything I've ever seen.. The cars might be equal but drivers are def. Not! That was Jeremys voice right? They were obviously starting in different gears,
        How do you know who the other driver was to speak about equal drivers ??? And what exactly was not a good showing ?? I seriously doubt they started in different gears.
        Jeremy might have gotten a BIT of a jump, but the jump wasn't big enough to have let him walk away the way he did cause that OE C63 REALLY pulled away from the other car FAST, every time.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        How do you know who the other driver was to speak about equal drivers ??? And what exactly was not a good showing ?? I seriously doubt they started in different gears.
        Jeremy might have gotten a BIT of a jump, but the jump wasn't big enough to have let him walk away the way he did cause that OE C63 REALLY pulled away from the other car FAST, every time.
        I would assume they were both trying to do the best they could or else why even meet up to compare?
      1. Dodger63's Avatar
        Dodger63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        How do you know who the other driver was to speak about equal drivers ??? And what exactly was not a good showing ?? I seriously doubt they started in different gears.
        Jeremy might have gotten a BIT of a jump, but the jump wasn't big enough to have let him walk away the way he did cause that OE C63 REALLY pulled away from the other car FAST, every time.
        You can't walk on a car that's equally equipped. Like that, that was car lengths and in a real world scenario with equal drivers in equally equipped cars it would be much closer! And lzh get off me really this is a forum brother opinions are opinions.. I've raced allot of cars allot many different tunes headers exhaust fuels weights!
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Exactly. Obviously it wasn't just a random meeting on the street. It was planned, and to think the MBH car was in the wrong gear for EVERY run would be, well, stupid. Not the best quality video and the darkness made it hard to tell exactly what was going on. But when you see that MBH car disappearing in the side view mirror that pretty much said it all.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        You can't walk on a car that's equally equipped. Like that, that was car lengths and in a real world scenario with equal drivers in equally equipped cars it would be much closer! And lzh get off me really this is a forum brother opinions are opinions.. I've raced allot of cars allot many different tunes headers exhaust fuels weights!
        Equally equipped ??? So you are saying that all headers and tunes are the same ??? And I'm not "on you" whatsoever dude. And in this case there is NO OPINION about it. The cars may have the same bolt on's....but CLEARLY THE OE BOLT ON's and TUNE work better. Or are you going to tell me that there is alot of driver skill accelerating from a roll ??? LOL...get a clue man.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        I'm shocked the difference is as large as it is. Similarly equipped cars should provide similar results but as stated all tunes and exhausts are not created equal. I find it hard to believe both cars would not be running in the optimal gear. One pull was not done, multiple pulls were done. No one is stupid enough to make the same mistake over, and over, and over. It is what it is.
      1. DD GT3 RD's Avatar
        DD GT3 RD -
        the driver of the ACG/MBH car would be Xtyper (mbworld). Well it is his car, so I would assume he was driving.

        Thats a clear kill. I know Jeremy had a lot of weight taken out of his car before, no rear seats and trunk lining. Not sure if he still does, but that wouldnt make that kind of difference.

        Im not sure how the MBH car could be in the wrong gear unless when starting in 1st he thought they were doing 2nd gear. And at 40mph there is no way he was trying to start in 1st or 3rd so they both must have been in 2nd.

        Seems there is no question that the Gintani headers and OE tune is much stronger
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'm shocked the difference is as large as it is. Similarly equipped cars should provide similar results but as stated all tunes and exhausts are not created equal. I find it hard to believe both cars would not be running in the optimal gear. One pull was not done, multiple pulls were done. No one is stupid enough to make the same mistake over, and over, and over. It is what it is.
        Well said - I think that's the reason for the confusion. But the video does not lie. Unless of course someone is not being truthful about the mods on the OE car ?
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
        the driver of the ACG/MBH car would be Xtyper (mbworld). Well it is his car, so I would assume he was driving.

        Thats a clear kill. I know Jeremy had a lot of weight taken out of his car before, no rear seats and trunk lining. Not sure if he still does, but that wouldnt make that kind of difference.

        Im not sure how the MBH car could be in the wrong gear unless when starting in 1st he thought they were doing 2nd gear. And at 40mph there is no way he was trying to start in 1st or 3rd so they both must have been in 2nd.

        Seems there is no question that the Gintani headers and OE tune is much stronger
        Both cars were shifting at the same time so they were both in the same gear. The 1st run Jeremy got the jump for sure but he kept pulling. The 3rd run of the first set was the best and showed a good example how much stronger the OE car was. The 2nd run was pretty good also.

        The 2nd run in the 2nd set was also a good start. Its dark so its hard to see.

        Going by the cabin sound I would say his back seat was in. No clue on the trunk lining.


        Go OE! Click here to enlarge
      1. Dodger63's Avatar
        Dodger63 -
        Guys id have to admit. That my opinion sucks.. Lzh I have no clue, sticky you must be right, Propain your keen ears can tell allot.. I'm sure the or gintani setup is the most superior tune header combo on the market! I will dropout of this discussion thank you
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
        Guys id have to admit. That my opinion sucks.. Lzh I have no clue, sticky you must be right, Propain your keen ears can tell allot.. I'm sure the or gintani setup is the most superior tune header combo on the market! I will dropout of this discussion thank you
        Your opinion doesn't suck at all. That is why we are here, to provide our opinions.

        Who cares who agrees or doesn't agree? Say what is on your mind, no worries.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Your opinion doesn't suck at all. That is why we are here, to provide our opinions.

        Who cares who agrees or doesn't agree? Say what is on your mind, no worries.
        Opinions based on pure speculation, however, add nothing to the topic at hand. Not trying to be a d!ck, just that I would hope that when someone formulates an opinion they take all (or as much as possible) variables and facts into account.
        Maybe Jeremy will chime in and tells us exactly what happened and why he thinks his car was so much faster. Because I do agree, there was a huge speed gap for 2 cars with what would seem to be the same mods from different manufacturers.
      1. Dodger63's Avatar
        Dodger63 -
        Sorry I'll keep away after this but I'm sure there are other things that aren't accounted for.. Opinions are like $#@!s everyone has one.. And mine is that; there is more then meets the eye in that one thats all I'm I wrong could I be sure, but a 3-4 cat jump that fast is a big difference prob 1/4 - 3-4 of a second in the 1/4 mile or so granted that was a role. Which adds many more aspects and maybe not so much of driver error but possible driver little experience? Again jump on me do what u want it's fine I'm a big boy but that's my opinion.. And the fact that it's Jeremy OEs finest to me means that a video like that could sell more tunes for him in a minute so with that being said I like Jeremy you can ask him himself! And ask Propain I do not give a crap about tuner wars or there profits Andy jeremy all I wish them all the bear and am a pure enthusist that knows nothing about professional racing but a little about running this particular car on the street and in the track
      1. DD GT3 RD's Avatar
        DD GT3 RD -
        FROM MBWORLD - XTYPER's RESPONSE:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xtyper Click here to enlarge
        Shoot, can't hide from Propain...that was indeed me vs Jeremy on some late night spirited Mexico runs. Click here to enlarge

        Yes, Jeremy is definitely a much better driver and did get the jump on quite a few runs, but he still pulled me up top end every time no matter how even the start. I'd say he had me by an average of 2 cars on the even start 40-130 runs.

        That said, there was some question as to whether I had filled up with some bad gas or been dealer reflashed, which is what prompted the runs in the first place. We figured that since our cars had put down similar numbers on his dyno, that that would be the true test of whether my car was really down on power. Given his better driving skills and slight mod advantage with the intake and catback race exhaust, I'm not sure the results were conclusive. I'm going down to ACGSD tomorrow for a full tune reflash and then maybe I do a few more runs with Jeremy to eliminate that variable (although I doubt the results will change much).

        One thing's for sure, Jeremy's driving skills + Jeremy's OE Tune + Jeremy's car = MONSTER. There is no doubt in my mind that when he gets some decent weather and the chance to run again, the West Coast will put up some 10's.

        I'm definitely interested in having Jeremy tune my spare ECU when he has time to see how it compares to the ACGSD header matched tune.

        Hope to have some official comparison results in the near future, as I'm getting really tired of staring at Jeremy's rear license plate! :p: