• Car and Driver tests the 997 GT2 RS - 11.1@133 1/4 mile

      This is a seriously fast car for stock. Yes, we know there is much more to it than the straightline numbers but they have to be mentioned considering they are so eye opening. With drag rubber, this is a 10 second car stock. Compared to the PDK numbers for the 997 Turbo S the GT2 RS they hit the GT2 RS is 3 mph faster through the 1/4. The GT2 also gets to 150 1 second faster, half a second slower to 60 though due to no AWD. With a PDK trans who knows how insanely fast this thing would be, as if it isn't already.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: Car and Driver tests the 997 GT2 RS - 11.1@133 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 8 Comments
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        3.3 sec 0-60 in rwd... wow.

        All this car needs is exhaust intake and tune. 700 rwhp easy. these cars are just mod monsters, one little thing makes the biggest difference.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
        3.3 sec 0-60 in rwd... wow.

        All this car needs is exhaust intake and tune. 700 rwhp easy. these cars are just mod monsters, one little thing makes the biggest difference.
        Don't know about easy 700 whp but certainly this is a hell of a mod platform. Just a tune and you should have a car capable of 135+ in the 1/4.
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Don't know about easy 700 whp but certainly this is a hell of a mod platform. Just a tune and you should have a car capable of 135+ in the 1/4.
        The 997 turbo with just a tune, gives it about 580 whp, I think it this gt2 rs could hit at least 650 whp with those mods and for sure 135+ on the trap. It better be this fast for a 200K+ porsche..
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        I wouldn't mind having one, someone buys one for me please.
      1. DD GT3 RD's Avatar
        DD GT3 RD -
        astonishing!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
        The 997 turbo with just a tune, gives it about 580 whp, I think it this gt2 rs could hit at least 650 whp with those mods and for sure 135+ on the trap. It better be this fast for a 200K+ porsche..
        Hmm, certainly possible.
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        My favorite Porsche so far. It's made for the driver, and happens to be ridiculously fast. Doesn't need electronicly controlled traction or AWD or PDK.

        Just Imagine this thing catless, no mufflers and a tune + some race rubber....
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
        The 997 turbo with just a tune, gives it about 580 whp, I think it this gt2 rs could hit at least 650 whp with those mods and for sure 135+ on the trap. It better be this fast for a 200K+ porsche..
        No chance of hitting 650 whp with intake, tune, exhaust... that would require a lot more hardware, including upgraded turbos. And what 997 turbo gets to 580 whp with just a tune? Surely you meant bhp?

        Stock, the car is already running 1.6 bar boost. Anyway, on a Mustang dyno, these apparently dyno stock around 500 rwhp, right inline with expectations (620 bhp * .8). Tune only gets to around 540 rwhp, and tune+headers+exhaust looks to be around 570 rwhp. Intake doesn't really do much on 996 or 997 turbo variants.