• Yes, the video of the BMW 1M drifting on top of the building was 100% real

      By now you have seen the video of the 1M drifting on top of the highest helipad in the world. This video created a ton of speculation that the stunt was faked. Most of the people saying it was fake naturally came from Youtube. The driver was Greg Tracy and you can read his own blog entry about the stunt here. And remember, hitting your head against a brick wall is more productive than reading what people on Youtube have to say about anything.


      Quote Originally Posted by Greg Tracy
      There has been some talk as to whether or not the driving is real. It is. I did the stunts for this shoot, a shoot right before Pikes Peak. One of the most enjoyable shoots I have driven on!!!
      This article was originally published in forum thread: BMW Canada M Powered Performance Part 2 - Drifting the 1M on the world's highest helipad started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 14 Comments
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        That's one crazy mofo. Lots of balls or just stupid.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        That's one crazy mofo. Lots of balls or just stupid.
        Or just really good.
      1. Scorpion's Avatar
        Scorpion -
        Wow, insane videos. Nicely done, definitely something different.
      1. SSDD's Avatar
        SSDD -
        I just did some more digging on this and it looks like it was actually fake. This occurred after trying to use this video to prove to my coworker that he thinks everything is fake, even if it isn't. Fail
      1. dOpEdUpM3's Avatar
        dOpEdUpM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
        I just did some more digging on this and it looks like it was actually fake. This occurred after trying to use this video to prove to my coworker that he thinks everything is fake, even if it isn't. Fail
        LOL, no way! How did you find out?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
        I just did some more digging on this and it looks like it was actually fake. This occurred after trying to use this video to prove to my coworker that he thinks everything is fake, even if it isn't. Fail
        It's real: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.php?1431-Yes-the-video-of-the-BMW-1M-drifting-on-top-of-the-building-was-100-real
      1. SSDD's Avatar
        SSDD -
        To quote him "There has been some talk as to whether or not the driving is real. It is." He doesn't mention being on the building anywhere in his post.

        From the article he linked to- "Asked to confirm if the video was created with the aid of special effects, Cundari responded: “What we want is people to make their own determination. The intent is to demonstrate the product’s capabilities. “We like the discussion,” he added. “The discussion is lively.”"

        From automobile mag- "Would a BMW 1M, or any car for that matter, really be given permission to perform burnouts on a helipad with no safety equipment but a helmet? No."

        I also couldn't find a single mention of the stunt actually happening. Nothing about roads being closed, video/pics of the car being lifted into place, permits from LA, etc. Like I said, I tried to use this as an example of things that don't look real, but are and came up with my foot in my mouth
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
        To quote him "There has been some talk as to whether or not the driving is real. It is." He doesn't mention being on the building anywhere in his post.

        From the article he linked to- "Asked to confirm if the video was created with the aid of special effects, Cundari responded: “What we want is people to make their own determination. The intent is to demonstrate the product’s capabilities. “We like the discussion,” he added. “The discussion is lively.”"

        From automobile mag- "Would a BMW 1M, or any car for that matter, really be given permission to perform burnouts on a helipad with no safety equipment but a helmet? No."

        I also couldn't find a single mention of the stunt actually happening. Nothing about roads being closed, video/pics of the car being lifted into place, permits from LA, etc. Like I said, I tried to use this as an example of things that don't look real, but are and came up with my foot in my mouth
        He says the driving is real. Well we know that part. But taking driving an imposing it on something else would not be cool and completely misleading as the question we are all getting at is if this is real.

        I think I'm going to investigate this more.
      1. KB's Avatar
        KB -
        It's cool, but fake.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
        It's cool, but fake.
        How do you know that though?
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        It looks fake.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        It looks fake.
        You look fake.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You look fake.
        I did a lot of surgery to my face.
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        faaaaaaaaaaake