Close

    • Porsche 997.2 PDK 911 Turbo S takes on the McLaren MP4-12C, Ferrari 458, and Noble M600 in a 600 meter drag race

      The McLaren MP4-12C is the sports car of the moment. Having been recently released into magazine hands for testing we have already seen some very cool comparison videos. This is the first straightline performance comparison and the McLaren is very, very quick in a straight line. A 600 meter drag race allows the cars to stretch their legs a bit longer than a 1/4 mile which definitely helps cars of this power level show off. We won't spoil the result, check out the video.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: Drag Race by Evo Mag: MP4-12C vs 458 vs Noble vs Turbo S started by DD GT3 RD View original post
      Comments 10 Comments
      1. Yukohama's Avatar
        Yukohama -
        nice comparo! id still pick the Ferrari 458 Italia x.x
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
        nice comparo! id still pick the Ferrari 458 Italia x.x
        Same here.
      1. ItalianStallion's Avatar
        ItalianStallion -
        I'd go with the McLaren. It will be incredibly rare. Same price as an LP560. Twin turbos (for modding potential). Not the prettiest of the bunch but those doors are sick lol. McLaren with straight pipe exhaust and tune and you have automotive heaven.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Wait for Novitec Ross, they will probably add a few blowers to 458 and then BOOM! it will be a rapist.
      1. ItalianStallion's Avatar
        ItalianStallion -
        Yeah for $50k...or just add a few thousand to the McLaren and it will be just as fast and probably more reliable Click here to enlarge
      1. MSIZZLE's Avatar
        MSIZZLE -
        You guys notice the trap speeds? They seem a little off, the noble was pulling like a freight train but the trap speed is the same as the mclearen!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
        Yeah for $50k...or just add a few thousand to the McLaren and it will be just as fast and probably more reliable Click here to enlarge
        UGR TT for 458...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
        You guys notice the trap speeds? They seem a little off, the noble was pulling like a freight train but the trap speed is the same as the mclearen!
        May have had a shift at the end there.
      1. ItalianStallion's Avatar
        ItalianStallion -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        UGR TT for 458...
        I just said $50k....
        Now that you bring up UGR let's add $100k
        Their bolt on solution is around $35-40,000
        But if you want the real deal it's easily $100,000+
        For over $100,000 I am sure the McLaren's turbos can be swapped, motor built, transmission built, etc. Plus I'm not sure anyone has built the 458's transmission anyway. Regardless, now we are talking 6 figure modifications here.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
        I just said $50k....
        Now that you bring up UGR let's add $100k
        Their bolt on solution is around $35-40,000
        But if you want the real deal it's easily $100,000+
        For over $100,000 I am sure the McLaren's turbos can be swapped, motor built, transmission built, etc. Plus I'm not sure anyone has built the 458's transmission anyway. Regardless, now we are talking 6 figure modifications here.
        What's $50k here or there?