Close

    • AR Design 550i N63 twin turbo V8 downpipes released - $1,199 catless, $1499 for race cats and catless resonated

      Well here they finally are, the new AR Design 550i N63 downpipes. These are full 3 inch downpipes. The $1199 version is completely catless without resonators. For catless with resonators, the price is $1499. If one is interested in a hi-flow race cat AR Design also has a version with 5 inch cats. We will have dyno and power gain information for you next week. More details and how to order here: http://www.ardesign.info/store/bmw-1/f10/550i.html




      Catless:






      This article was originally published in forum thread: AR Design 550i N63 twin turbo V8 downpipes released - $1,199 catless, $1499 for race cats and catless resonated started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 30 Comments
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        Sweet! Can't wait to see the dynos!
      1. alextremo's Avatar
        alextremo -
        I like that they used the flex pipes on the catless version. I always worried about not having them on my 335. Even though you don't hear of it causing problems, it just seems like a better design.

        Who's going to be the first to write up the DIY?
      1. DarkPhantom's Avatar
        DarkPhantom -
        Wow! Can't wait to see the dynos!
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        Wow, way too expensive
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alextremo Click here to enlarge
        I like that they used the flex pipes on the catless version. I always worried about not having them on my 335. Even though you don't hear of it causing problems, it just seems like a better design.

        Who's going to be the first to write up the DIY?
        Hopefully if i can push either of my customers into it, it will be me Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
        Wow, way too expensive
        N63 market will be priced much differently from N54.
      1. Andrew@lutzperformance's Avatar
        Andrew@lutzperformance -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        N63 market will be priced much differently from N54.
        Have you seen what it takes to build something like this? There is a huge cost involved when you consider R&D time, building a Jig to ensure perfect fitment, and then you add the every more expensive stainless steel and you have Downpipes that are over 1k!!

        Much props to AR for their design and quality!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@lutzperformance Click here to enlarge
        Have you seen what it takes to build something like this? There is a huge cost involved when you consider R&D time, building a Jig to ensure perfect fitment, and then you add the every more expensive stainless steel and you have Downpipes that are over 1k!!

        Much props to AR for their design and quality!
        To be honest, I have no idea what goes into something like this. I do know AR is a quality option in this market and you get what you pay for.
      1. Andrew@lutzperformance's Avatar
        Andrew@lutzperformance -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        To be honest, I have no idea what goes into something like this. I do know AR is a quality option in this market and you get what you pay for.
        Very costly, especially for a company like Andrew's that keeps all manufacturing in house... that's expensive!!

        Time spent to build a down-pipe is nothing, but the time spent to build a jig to mass-produce a product meant to fit flawlessly on every car its sold to.... that's a significant money spent on labor and materials to build something of that quality.

        Not to mention all of their hardware is in my opinion the highest quality in the industry..

        like they say, nothing like Made In USA!!!
      1. bulldog x6's Avatar
        bulldog x6 -
        those look great! congrats Andrew
      1. luigimaster24's Avatar
        luigimaster24 -
        These look great and ARE great!! Just installed them on my F10 550i a couple of weeks ago. I can definitely feel the extra power even though I haven't tuned the car. I will have a brief review and first and ongoing impressions of AR's DP's once I break em in a little more.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by luigimaster24 Click here to enlarge
        These look great and ARE great!! Just installed them on my F10 550i a couple of weeks ago. I can definitely feel the extra power even though I haven't tuned the car. I will have a brief review and first and ongoing impressions of AR's DP's once I break em in a little more.
        Looking forward to your review and impressions.
      1. Irishace's Avatar
        Irishace -
        Look sweet, would love to see some power numbers with these on and a tune Click here to enlarge
      1. Chris @ ardesign's Avatar
        Chris @ ardesign -
        Still waiting to get some dyno numbers from these. Thanks for all of your compliments Andrew, you actually know what goes into not necessarily making these, but making them right, and fit perfect every time.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chris @ ardesign Click here to enlarge
        Still waiting to get some dyno numbers from these. Thanks for all of your compliments Andrew, you actually know what goes into not necessarily making these, but making them right, and fit perfect every time.
        Same here, why don't we have dyno numbers for these? That would be big...
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        im desperately trying to find someone around here who wants to do a set. I have both RWD and AWD dynos at my disposal, I would love to do a test..
      1. Jimefam's Avatar
        Jimefam -
        I haven't gotten around to dyno'ing them but it's high time I do it. I'm leaving to Dubai for two weeks but as soon as I get back I'll put her on the same dyno I first did my stock dyno.
      1. ar design's Avatar
        ar design -
        Thanks for the positive comments guys!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ar design Click here to enlarge
        Thanks for the positive comments guys!
        No reason not to be positive with this, great option for the twin turbo V8's.
      1. n54BoostOnCoke's Avatar
        n54BoostOnCoke -
        still no dynos ?