Close

    • TPC Racing built motor low compression big bore 3.7 liter Porsche Cayman turbo hits 462 wheel horsepower

      TPC has had some impressive turbo kits out for the Boxster and Cayman but they have now started doing lower compression forged internal turbo motor builds as well. The motor started as a 3.4 liter which was sleeved then bored to accommodate 10.0:1 compression forged pistons. With the new pistons (100 mm bore vs. standard 97 mm) displacement is 3.7 liters and horsepower gained from the baseline is just under 200 at the wheels. With boost raised some more getting into the 500 whp range seems possible.






















      Videos:



      This article was originally published in forum thread: TPC Racing built motor low compression big bore 3.7 liter Porsche Cayman turbo hits 462 wheel horsepower started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 5 Comments
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        I think i would be content with just the turbo kit. That car must be blazin fast esp how light it is.
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        I did not know this engine had an open deck block.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
        I did not know this engine had an open deck block.
        Yep, the non-GT1 stuff is pretty weak by Porsche standards.
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Yep, the non-GT1 stuff is pretty weak by Porsche standards.

        exactly. the 3.4L wasnt exactly Porsches greatest invention either. Bad balance shaft bearings, cylinder liners dropping, horrible oil consumption to name a few. the 3.6L was much better improved.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
        exactly. the 3.4L wasnt exactly Porsches greatest invention either. Bad balance shaft bearings, cylinder liners dropping, horrible oil consumption to name a few. the 3.6L was much better improved.
        3.6 was better but still was plagued with the RMS issues.