• BMW Canada has the E82 1M Coupe go through walls

      Now this is a commercial! BMW Canada is shows off the 1M and some fancy driving by having a talented driver go straight through as well as slide through concrete walls cutout to the 1M's shape. It's a great video and it is nice to see BMW doing aggressive commercials again instead of the pansy JOY crap. This is Part 1 inferring we may get another video soon and if it is as good as this one we can't wait. Well done BMW Canada!



      This article was originally published in forum thread: BMW Canada has the E82 1M Coupe go through walls started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 18 Comments
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        I wonder how much time they wasted waiting for it to cooldown after all its "limp modes"

        fun commercial though
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        Pretty intense video. I love it.
      1. Forced Air's Avatar
        Forced Air -
        Those have to be CG walls...or that driver is suicidal Click here to enlarge
      1. MSIZZLE's Avatar
        MSIZZLE -
        That was sick i loved it!!!
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        Nice video. I wish BMW would make more like this. I think they are hyping it too much for just being a 1 year production vehicle. People are going to be upset when they realize it's not easy to get their hands in one.
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Damn dude, was that real? I would never, even if I had balls of steel.
      1. bobS's Avatar
        bobS -
        Wow that was sick! There is no way its real concrete walls.
      1. deemo319's Avatar
        deemo319 -
        That was a cold spot. Whether the walls were real or not is not the subject. Can the car do what you want it to. And yes it can. And yes dude can dip (drive for those not up urbanisms).Click here to enlarge
      1. Remonster's Avatar
        Remonster -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        Nice video. I wish BMW would make more like this. I think they are hyping it too much for just being a 1 year production vehicle. People are going to be upset when they realize it's not easy to get their hands in one.
        I bet part of the reason BMW approved this car despite its incredibly short production run was to use it as a halo car of sorts. It's no super car like the R8 but it serves a similar purpose in their marketing, to give fans something new and exciting to fawn over and to get more people excited about the BMW and M brands.

        I think it's a great move but as far as I'm concerned, I'll take any excuse to watch that thing slide around.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        Nice video. I wish BMW would make more like this. I think they are hyping it too much for just being a 1 year production vehicle. People are going to be upset when they realize it's not easy to get their hands in one.
        The amount of hype for this car has been insane, way too much.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
        I bet part of the reason BMW approved this car despite its incredibly short production run was to use it as a halo car of sorts. It's no super car like the R8 but it serves a similar purpose in their marketing, to give fans something new and exciting to fawn over and to get more people excited about the BMW and M brands.

        I think it's a great move but as far as I'm concerned, I'll take any excuse to watch that thing slide around.
        Your lowest end M car can't really be a halo car. The was approved by Kay Segler who got thrown out of the M division and has the shortest term as head of M in BMW history. Doesn't sound to me like they were too pleased.

        This car brought the M brand downscale and watered it down. They are hyping it to convince everyone it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Your lowest end M car can't really be a halo car. The was approved by Kay Segler who got thrown out of the M division and has the shortest term as head of M in BMW history. Doesn't sound to me like they were too pleased.

        This car brought the M brand downscale and watered it down. They are hyping it to convince everyone it is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
        Was Gay Segler also responsible for the X5 M and X6 M? If so, he makes me sick.....
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        Looks fun!


        Now it just needs bigger balls.....
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        Was Gay Segler also responsible for the X5 M and X6 M? If so, he makes me sick.....
        I believe so...
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        Glad he's gone then. No need for people with those ideas to be put leading performance divisions.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        Glad he's gone then. No need for people with those ideas to be put leading performance divisions.
        Seems BMW is glad he is gone to, sending him to Mini.
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        Glad he's gone then. No need for people with those ideas to be put leading performance divisions.
        Technically, their "SUVs" lead in their class as far as on-road performance, so they did something right. (I would never buy an SUV that can't go off-road, no need for an over-weight car)


        I think the engineers were just bored..... They should of been getting a nice twin-scroll, variable-geometry turbo ready for the 1M......
      1. lughed's Avatar
        lughed -
        This would be an easy vid to doc but who cares. It was nice!