Close

    • Autocar comparison video of the E92 M3 GTS and the Porsche 997.2 GT3

      Here is a comparison video from Autocar that on paper should be spectacular, but as usual, Autocar's execution just plain stinks. You get two of the best German drivers cars in the world and this the best Autocar can do? No laptimes? No acceleration data? No skidpad/slalom numbers? No hard data of any kind? This video is the equivalent of two people taking two cars in the canyons while chatting on cell phones about what they think of the cars as if that is automotive journalism. American car magazines and blogs simply do these comparisons better, this is a major letdown.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: Autocar comparison video of the E92 M3 GTS and the Porsche 997.2 GT3 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 12 Comments
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        They review blows as usual Click here to enlarge. At least it wasn't raining......
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        At least it wasn't raining......
        Hahaha, ain't that the truth.
      1. Lock n Load's Avatar
        Lock n Load -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        They review blows as usual Click here to enlarge. At least it wasn't raining......
        Now now, I love BMW as much as the next guy but the Porsche GT3 is a different animal imho.
        Not bad for a little six banger. Click here to enlarge
        btw they should have used a GT3RS instead. Click here to enlarge

        Cheers
        Ranger
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Lock n Load Click here to enlarge
        Now now, I love BMW as much as the next guy but the Porsche GT3 is a different animal imho.
        Not bad for a little six banger. Click here to enlarge
        btw they should have used a GT3RS instead. Click here to enlarge

        Cheers
        Ranger
        Well all LOVE the GT3, we just hate AutoCar's lame excuse for a comparison video.
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        Obviously I'll side for the GT3 here, awesome car. Those reviews are worthless though...........
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        why you guys seemed to be disappointed by the video ?
        It's actually one of the best videos from Autocar.
      1. MSIZZLE's Avatar
        MSIZZLE -
        i kinda liked it too and was also very impressed with the m3 for hanging around with one of the best porsche has to offer
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        why you guys seemed to be disappointed by the video ?
        It's actually one of the best videos from Autocar.
        If this is their best that sucks.

        Where are the numbers? What about a real track comparison with laptimes not just following each other on a road with different drivers? It's like a car review for women sitting around and talking about their feelings.
      1. Lock n Load's Avatar
        Lock n Load -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        ... It's like a car review for women sitting around and talking about their feelings.
        That's funny! Click here to enlarge

        I still say they should have used a GT3RS.
        Best OEM BMW track car vs. best OEM Porsche track car. Click here to enlarge

        Ranger
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Lock n Load Click here to enlarge
        That's funny! Click here to enlarge

        I still say they should have used a GT3RS.
        Best OEM BMW track car vs. best OEM Porsche track car. Click here to enlarge

        Ranger
        I don't disagree, difference would be exacerbated with the GT3RS. The M3 GTS is somewhat of a letdown IMO.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        If this is their best that sucks.

        Where are the numbers? What about a real track comparison with laptimes not just following each other on a road with different drivers? It's like a car review for women sitting around and talking about their feelings.
        You talk like you had never seen an autocar video before, Remember Aventador video? Or their 60 sec verdict videos?
        This is their best so far and still it sucks.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        This is their best so far and still it sucks.
        Hahah, true.