Close

    • New BMW N54 and 335 turbo / boost only 1/4 mile record - 11.1@127 with Rob Beck upgraded turbos

      Congratulations to BimmerBoost member LostMarine! This is breaking news from the private track rental today at the ATCO drag strip in New Jersey. This run was done at 19 psi on the upgraded Rob Beck turbos. Car was launched in second gear on drag radials. Car also has meth and upgraded axles which it clearly needs now with all this power. Check out the timeslip below, more details are coming.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: New BMW N54 and 335 1/4 mile turbo / boost only 1/4 mile record - 11.1@127 with Rob Beck upgraded turbos started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 151 Comments
      1. gringotegra's Avatar
        gringotegra -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nickr519 Click here to enlarge
        Funny seeing e9X guys talk about one model over another about power/$. Ever heard of a foxbody mustang?

        Or a Honda! Click here to enlarge



        Has anybody else noticed that LM is almost as fast as HPFChris ET wise? Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gringotegra Click here to enlarge
        Has anybody else noticed that LM is almost as fast as HPFChris ET wise?
        E46 is vastly inferior to the E9X for drag racing, any E9X really.
      1. gringotegra's Avatar
        gringotegra -
        Yeah but he has like 300whp less lulzzzzz
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gringotegra Click here to enlarge
        Yeah but he has like 300whp less lulzzzzz
        Exactly.... I'm amazing that the E46 still has not hit 10's with 800+ rwhp cars running around. It's embarrassing...
      1. mazdaspeed6's Avatar
        mazdaspeed6 -
        i cant wait to see the n54 platform in a year or two.. with head work, single or rb turbos, and secondary fuel= untouchable... if the rb's can handle 25 psi this platform will be insane 600wtq at 3000rpm and 600whp at 6500 rpm's Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        That was his best run, what were his others?
        I was busy playing around with stuff but I saw mostly in the 127mph+ range. I noticed he has an ESS supercharger now. What did I miss? lol
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        Hpf cars wouldve hit 10s if they were at better track. Vegas junk I might try it one
        day. I just hate/suck at launching the SMG.

        Maybe when my bank account comes back to life so I can afford to break stuff.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        I noticed he has an ESS supercharger now. What did I miss? lol
        How you miss these epic sagas I have no clue, it's pages and pages of reading if you are interested.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        I was busy playing around with stuff but I saw mostly in the 127mph+ range.
        That is what I figured.... thanks.

        Any idea if any changes were made from the 127 mph runs?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Hpf cars wouldve hit 10s if they were at better track. Vegas junk I might try it one
        day. I just hate/suck at launching the SMG.

        Maybe when my bank account comes back to life so I can afford to break stuff.
        No need to prove it with your car, let HPF Chris handle it.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        I noticed he has an ESS supercharger now. What did I miss? lol
        This thread should have everything you need, enjoy: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...-60-130-in-7.4
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        Not trying to prove anything. I would love to do 1/4. Just not with almost empty bank account. Vbox times are my goal for now. If I don't link up with lostmarine I might just buy one. I would have $#@!ty loads of runs.
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        Unless HPF converts them to front wheel drive when the turbo is installed, there is really no excuse for not running 10's with that kind of power. From a roll however, I can only imagine how nasty that much power must be.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
        Unless HPF converts them to front wheel drive when the turbo is installed, there is really no excuse for not running 10's with that kind of power. From a roll however, I can only imagine how nasty that much power must be.
        SMG is insanely hard to launch properly especially with a turbo so it will need to be a 6 speed. The E46 rear is also just really weak.
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        Pretty much. Smg launching is hit or miss. Vbox is more my thing. I'm on 95 and turnpike so much. I could blast some runs here and there. 60-130 does not take long. That's why I want my own. I'll have it my car all the time.

        Worse thing will just be hooking up on computer. My girl just nice basic little laptop so I should be good. My Dell xps 2010 is dead. I need to get that fix because that's a gnarly machine!!
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        BattaM, ill drive your car Click here to enlarge
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        You can ride shotgun!! If you want to drive it I would let you but I stick to the rule YOU break it you bought it. Lol. You figure the vbox out?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        You can ride shotgun!! If you want to drive it I would let you but I stick to the rule YOU break it you bought it. Lol. You figure the vbox out?
        Considering he has never driven an SMG at the strip... I say let him do it so you can beef up your subframe when he breaks it.
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        Subframe is beefed. Everthing else not. If he drove my car couple times on street. Get a feel for it. I wouldn't just put him on the track. Lol. He's real local to me so
        meeting up is easy if there's time. He needs some seat time.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Subframe is beefed. Everthing else not. If he drove my car couple times on street. Get a feel for it. I wouldn't just put him on the track. Lol. He's real local to me so
        meeting up is easy if there's time. He needs some seat time.
        He thinks he can launch it like an Auto, heh.

        I do have a pretty good suggestion on how to get more out of the SMG though...
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        I can do it!! I've tried 5 times. No BS!! 2 were AA sc and other 3 were against P-car. I'm totally new to drag racing! I just need some money and seat time. I could get fair times. Just need lots of practice. Reaction time and everything. I totally suck!

        I don't got ni baller job or anything. Let me take care of some
        sh1t and well see what happens. I'm ready for vbox whenever tho!