Close

    • New E92 aftermarket headlight option - "180" from Martino Auto Concepts

      There have not been too many aftermarket options for E92 headlights. Most offerings consisted of just changing the bulbs to alter the color of the angel eyes. OSS was really the only option to change the housing and look of the angel eyes themselves, until now. MAC offers several packages to choose from including just changing to the Orb style LED rings, Euro projector lenses, carbon bezels, or to LCI style turn signals. These do not come cheap however as the full package will run $3000, ouch. Options and pricing below.


      These headlight modifications are only available for:

      2007-2010 328/335 Coupes
      2008-2012 M3 Coupe, Sedan & Convertible

      MSRP Pricing
      Parts without install

      Orb LED Rings: $300.00

      - Newly developed LED rings featuring intensely bright LEDs enclosed with a clear tubing using BMW's "CELIS" design to evenly distribute the light around the entire loop. These rings are precisely designed to fit the projector shrouds extremely flush like OEM. From a distance the rings appear to be solid, from up close you can notice the individual LED's. The inner (smaller) ring features 66 super bright SMD LED's, while the outer (larger) ring features 78 super bright SMD LED's, a total of 144 LED's per headlight. Easily visible and distinguished even in direct sunlight.

      What the Orb LED rings offer that other full replacement LED rings on the market don't:

      • Solid outer ring while still retaining a larger diameter than the inner ring
      • Evenly spaced LED
      • OEM placement, the inner ring is replaced directly with the factory ring, while the outer ring sits snug and flows within the lines of the headlight bezel
      • PURE White color, no hue of blue or yellow, portraying the current and future of the LED technology in OEM applications.

      The Orb LED rings are not a directly replacement but DO NOT require any cutting or melting to the headlights, simply put in place and secure with small dabs of glue supplied with the kit. EASILY reversible to factory AE rings.

      Clear Euro Projector Xenon Lenses: $75.00

      • OEM xenon projector lenses use fresnel lenses, they are normally semi-frosted, or have small lines embedded into the glass, along with a big bulged line across it. This is made to dim the beam and soften the output of your projectors for US DOT standards so you're not getting the full performance out of your projectors as you should. These replacement lenses sharpen the output, and clarity for best light distribution. For even better results, some modification to the cut off shield (the high-beam flap) is required.

      Carbon Fiber Headlight Bezels (Available in 1x1 or 2x2 twill weave)

      - Gloss: $450
      - Matte: $500

      • OEM wrapped bezels for 100% fit and finish, using real carbon fiber sheets and UV/Heat resistant resin to produce OEM like finish. Must be pre-ordered because time to fabricate is 2 weeks.
      CORE EXCHANGE ONLY, a refundable deposit of $300 must be paid with the price of the selected CF finish, once your OEM cores are mailed back to us, we will refund your $300 deposit instantaneously.

      Parts & Service with install:

      NOTE: To open the headlights is $150, so the pricing always begins with $150 + the following modifications...


      Orb LED Rings: $450

      Clear Euro Projector Xenon Lenses with modified shield: $150

      Carbon Fiber Headlight Bezels (Available in 1x1 or 2x2 twill weave)
      - Gloss: $450
      - Matte: $500

      Projector Cornering Lens Swap: $200

      LCI Type Turn Signal: $1500

      Paint

      Bezel

      • Gloss Black: $200
      • Color coded: $250

      Cornering & Projector Shrouds

      • Flat Black: $80
      • Matte Black: $100
      • Gloss Black: $150
      • Color coded: $200

      Turn Signal Reflector (Painted inside, lens left clear)

      Note: Any black finish will result in the same look behind the lens so flat black is recommended

      • Flat Black: $50
      • Color coded: $100

      OEM Type text on Projector Shroud: $200

      - Any color or text of your choice.

      Packages

      MAC Edition: $2999.99

      • Orb LED Rings
      • Matte or Gloss CF Housing
      • Demon Eyes
      • Clear Euro Lenses
      • Projector Cornering Lens Swap
      • Any paint color or finish on Cornering & Projector Shrouds with "BMW XENON TECHNOLOGY BY ONEIGHTY MAC" in small text
      • LCI Type Turn Signal with WHITE LED's emitting the clear bars
      • LED PY24W LED Turn Signal Bulbs


















      This article was originally published in forum thread: New E92 aftermarket headlight option - "180" from Martino Auto Concepts started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 100 Comments
      1. lamia2super's Avatar
        lamia2super -
        sick!!!! i don't understand tho why 3k?
      1. bobS's Avatar
        bobS -
        These lights are sick! $3k is crazy though. I would do the LED rings and euro lenses only though.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
        sick!!!! i don't understand tho why 3k?
        Most of the cost comes from the LCI turn signal upgrade.
      1. lamia2super's Avatar
        lamia2super -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Most of the cost comes from the LCI turn signal upgrade.
        still tho 3k? i would think the reasonable price would be 1000 or even 1500 i dont see how its worth 3k
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
        still tho 3k?
        True, but once you subtract out the $1500 it looks better.
      1. lamia2super's Avatar
        lamia2super -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        True, but once you subtract out the $1500 it looks better.
        yaa sick lights i want them lol just not for 3k
      1. ONEighty's Avatar
        ONEighty -
        Thanks for feedback guys. The main reason why the MAC edition headlights are dough is because the turn signal is retrofitted out of a 2011+ E90 3-Series. So on top of the 10+hrs of labor that goes into making those turn signals fit and flow with the lines of the E92 headlights, we also need to cover the cost of the headlights we need to purchase for the turn signals in the first place, whether they're broken, used, or new, people still want a lot of money for them because they're from a new car.

        We're looking into replicating the turn signals so they can be affordable for everyone. If you add up the cost of the rings, minor paint work, it's a small fraction of the MAC edition headlights. The attention to detail that went into these lights is second to none, close to 50 hours in them !

        We're looking to get into the E90 market now, but they're far more difficult to open and seal than the E92 headlights.

        Thanks,
        Igor
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ONEighty Click here to enlarge
        We're looking into replicating the turn signals so they can be affordable for everyone. If you add up the cost of the rings, minor paint work, it's a small fraction of the MAC edition headlights. The attention to detail that went into these lights is second to none, close to 50 hours in them.
        Thanks,
        Igor
        Thanks for the input,
        What's the price for the affordable option ?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ONEighty Click here to enlarge
        Thanks for feedback guys. The main reason why the MAC edition headlights are dough is because the turn signal is retrofitted out of a 2011+ E90 3-Series. So on top of the 10+hrs of labor that goes into making those turn signals fit and flow with the lines of the E92 headlights, we also need to cover the cost of the headlights we need to purchase for the turn signals in the first place, whether they're broken, used, or new, people still want a lot of money for them because they're from a new car.

        We're looking into replicating the turn signals so they can be affordable for everyone. If you add up the cost of the rings, minor paint work, it's a small fraction of the MAC edition headlights. The attention to detail that went into these lights is second to none, close to 50 hours in them !

        We're looking to get into the E90 market now, but they're far more difficult to open and seal than the E92 headlights.

        Thanks,
        Igor
        Welcome Igor.

        Maybe we can get a group buy going? I'm interested as are a few others.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ONEighty Click here to enlarge
        Thanks for feedback guys. The main reason why the MAC edition headlights are dough is because the turn signal is retrofitted out of a 2011+ E90 3-Series. So on top of the 10+hrs of labor that goes into making those turn signals fit and flow with the lines of the E92 headlights, we also need to cover the cost of the headlights we need to purchase for the turn signals in the first place, whether they're broken, used, or new, people still want a lot of money for them because they're from a new car.

        We're looking into replicating the turn signals so they can be affordable for everyone. If you add up the cost of the rings, minor paint work, it's a small fraction of the MAC edition headlights. The attention to detail that went into these lights is second to none, close to 50 hours in them !

        We're looking to get into the E90 market now, but they're far more difficult to open and seal than the E92 headlights.

        Thanks,
        Igor

        Thanks for the input- how about a price on just the LED and blackout? i want simplicity Click here to enlarge
      1. ONEighty's Avatar
        ONEighty -
        Well...the pricing is all in the original post, so it varies depending on the exact modification.

        The rings ALONE, installed into the housings is $600 or you can buy the kit for $300 and do it yourself.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ONEighty Click here to enlarge
        Well...the pricing is all in the original post, so it varies depending on the exact modification.

        The rings ALONE, installed into the housings is $600 or you can buy the kit for $300 and do it yourself.
        So what you are saying is no discount? Even with a group of people lined up from this forum? Seriously?
      1. ONEighty's Avatar
        ONEighty -
        Oh we can certainly do a group buy, obviously price depending on the amount of people interested.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ONEighty Click here to enlarge
        Oh we can certainly do a group buy, obviously price depending on the amount of people interested.
        There we go.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        I guess we'll organize it on Monday since not much will get done over the weekend. I'm definitely interested as are a few others so we will see what we can come up with.
      1. dOpEdUpM3's Avatar
        dOpEdUpM3 -
        Bump for G>B
      1. dOpEdUpM3's Avatar
        dOpEdUpM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ONEighty Click here to enlarge
        Oh we can certainly do a group buy, obviously price depending on the amount of people interested.
        Guessing this wont be taking place...
      1. BK63AMG's Avatar
        BK63AMG -
        So I saw these lights in person a couple weeks ago at the RPM North BBQ...they looked good but the driverside light was completely fogged up with condensation 8-/
      1. dOpEdUpM3's Avatar
        dOpEdUpM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
        So I saw these lights in person a couple weeks ago at the RPM North BBQ...they looked good but the driverside light was completely fogged up with condensation 8-/
        Wak.. got any pictures? If so I'm not sending my headlights there.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        dunt dunt duuunnnnn...