• Kinetechnik Motorsport swaps an S85 V10 into an E46 M3 using factory DME

      Seems like these swaps are becoming more and more prevalent, eh? The difference now is in the quality of the swaps and this one would certainly qualify as quality. The S85 fits in the engine bay with no issues but the main thing is that the factory ECU is used. This means when a GT1 tool (BMW Group Tester One diagnostic and programming tool) is connected it reads the car as an E60 M5. No dyno numbers or further details from Kinetechnik who is located in Dubai in case you were wondering why you never heard of them.





      This article was originally published in forum thread: Kinetechnik Motorsport swaps an S85 V10 into an E46 M3 using factory DME started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 30 Comments
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        Any further details on how the swap was done and able to use the original DME. Was the E46 MSS54 or E60 MSS65 DME used?If the MSS65 DME was used, did they swap over the whole dash, guage cluster, and OBDII?
      1. Apex Speed Technology's Avatar
        Apex Speed Technology -
        Any further details on how the swap was done and able to use the original DME. Was the E46 MSS54 or E60 MSS65 DME used?If the MSS65 DME was used, did they swap over the whole dash, guage cluster, and OBDII?
        We'd like to know too - the only way we found to control the motor with stock EMS is with the MSS65 DME with the entire electrical system swapped over, like the Hartge V10.

        -Neel
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Awesome swap. I asked about it and friends from UAE said they have done overseas in europe. Wonder who does it.
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
        We'd like to know too - the only way we found to control the motor with stock EMS is with the MSS65 DME with the entire electrical system swapped over, like the Hartge V10.

        -Neel
        When swapping over the whole electrical system, will this retain all the standard features of the E46 M3? Does it require having to swap the dash?

        Hmm, maybe we can discuss this in our string of emails. Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
        Awesome swap. I asked about it and friends from UAE said they have done overseas in europe. Wonder who does it.
        Hey Ejaz, if you can find out further details that would be great!! I think I'm pretty set on leaving my E46 M3 and E90 M3 as they are with their current mods. Which ultimately means, I want to start planning an E46 M3 with an S85B50 swap and hopefully completing the project in a few years Click here to enlarge
      1. stormtrooper335's Avatar
        stormtrooper335 -
        very nice
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        When swapping over the whole electrical system, will this retain all the standard features of the E46 M3? Does it require having to swap the dash?

        Hmm, maybe we can discuss this in our string of emails. Click here to enlarge


        Hey Ejaz, if you can find out further details that would be great!! I think I'm pretty set on leaving my E46 M3 and E90 M3 as they are with their current mods. Which ultimately means, I want to start planning an E46 M3 with an S85B50 swap and hopefully completing the project in a few years Click here to enlarge
        I'll ask around brother and let you know if i find out anything concrete. The guy who did this seems to be posting here so lets see if he can quash the rumors.
      1. Apex Speed Technology's Avatar
        Apex Speed Technology -
        When swapping over the whole electrical system, will this retain all the standard features of the E46 M3? Does it require having to swap the dash?

        Hmm, maybe we can discuss this in our string of emails. Click here to enlarge
        Since the CAN stream is different, you'd have to have both definitions and a CAN to CAN converter to make it work. That all takes a bit of work, insider information and custom hardware. If that's the approach they took its remarkable!
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
        Since the CAN stream is different, you'd have to have both definitions and a CAN to CAN converter to make it work. That all takes a bit of work, insider information and custom hardware. If that's the approach they took its remarkable!
        Brother if the Ministry here would allow me to transplant a V10 in my E46 M3 and still pass my car in annual inspection I will definitely call you up Click here to enlarge

        I am trying to find out as there are two of us who want to do this.
      1. Apex Speed Technology's Avatar
        Apex Speed Technology -
        Brother if the Ministry here would allow me to transplant a V10 in my E46 M3 and still pass my car in annual inspection I will definitely call you up Click here to enlarge
        Sounds like you need friends in high places. Unfortunately, all I have are high friends in places.....
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
        Sounds like you need friends in high places. Unfortunately, all I have are high friends in places.....
        Lol even with that over here it might not work. I'll have to find a way.