Close

    • New quickest C63 AMG and M156 1/4 mile record - 10.3 @ 134 MPH

      WOW! The records just keep up on falling. Here is the first C63 AMG to break into the 10.3 range setting a new quickest 1/4 mile record in the process. By now everyone should be familiar with Keith's C63 (goes by the name DadsC63). Car has MHP modifications and nitrous. To be noted, this pass would done Bradenton Motorsports Park which is in Florida. This could very well have been a new overall Mercedes record at MIR. Congratulations to DadsC63 and MHP, more details to come, stay tuned.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: New quickest C63 AMG and M156 1/4 mile record - 10.3 @ 134 MPH started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 54 Comments
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Congratulations to Keith Brantley and Ben Scott for breaking their own record in the Red Brown Arrow earlier tonight at Bradenton in FL by running a 10.39@134.71 with a new 1/8th record split of 6.73@107.18mph!
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        Dammmnnn!!! 9s are not far away!! THAT IS SCARY SON!!!
      1. DD GT3 RD's Avatar
        DD GT3 RD -
        congrats keith!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
        Dammmnnn!!! 9s are not far away!! THAT IS SCARY SON!!!
        Yes it is...
      1. Mike's Avatar
        Mike -
        107 in the 1/8? Are you kidding me? Flying!!! Congrats Keith.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@MHP Click here to enlarge
        107 in the 1/8? Are you kidding me? Flying!!! Congrats Keith.
        Yes, that is flying!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Congratulations to Keith Brantley and Ben Scott for breaking their own record in the Red Brown Arrow earlier tonight at Bradenton in FL by running a 10.39@134.71 with a new 1/8th record split of 6.73@107.18mph!
        Keith said 160 shot?
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Keith said 160 shot?
        The text I got from Ben was 125 shot? I'll fwd it to you.

        edit: It was a 160 shot sorry!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        The text I got from Ben was 125 shot? I'll fwd it to you.
        I just read 160, I don't know, just trying to clarify.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I just read 160, I don't know, just trying to clarify.
        Just asked Keith and Ben via text.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Still waiting, I think they both may be asleep already like normal people. Click here to enlarge If I was incorrect with the 125 I apologize for posting misinfo and Sticky please edit my initial congrats post.

        I do know that they ran larger fuel pills than normal which hurt them up top (it would with either shot size obviously) as you can see the difference in speed gained on the backhalf vs the previous 10.41@135+ run which only had a 105 1/8th trap. Anyway, better safe than sorry.

        Thanks

        edit:

        It was a 160 shot, my bad. Ben just called me. More info coming in: 82F, no trans issues, no converter issues. Car was strong and consistent and ran .2 and 2mph off what it did at MIR both N/A and on nitrous all else equal including shot size. He said he ran 4-5 back to back 10.51@133.8 passes with 125 shot at Bradenton.

        We are hitting the top of 4th gear and he tried shifting a few times vs not and there was an obvious difference. The largest issue I see going forward with the goal of running a 9 with these cars is going to be avoiding the 4-5 shift.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        If I was incorrect with the 125 I apologize for posting misinfo and Sticky please edit my initial congrats post.
        It's ok, we'll correct it when they get back to you. In the meantime I wrote it was with nitrous not a specific shot so all bases are covered.
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        You can help mitigate the shift problem by going with taller tires and winding it out a little more, might hurt your launch but you are making enough power so it wont matter at this point.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It's ok, we'll correct it when they get back to you. In the meantime I wrote it was with nitrous not a specific shot so all bases are covered.
        Good call on your end and it was a 160.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
        You can help mitigate the shift problem by going with taller tires and winding it out a little more, might hurt your launch but you are making enough power so it wont matter at this point.
        Yes sir, that is the plan. Click here to enlarge Nitrous in quicker and taller meats! Also a longer drive to the track next time Click here to enlarge
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        Congrats to all involved,Keith,Ben&Andy!!
        That is an amazing time&one can only speculate as to what this beast would run under ideal negative D/A at MIR/Atco on a nice cool October day...9.9x-10.0 is my guess if not quicker
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Amazing! Keeps getting better and better. Click here to enlarge

        Ugh... change the name... Red Brown Arrow needs to go... Click here to enlarge
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        Congrats to all involved,Keith,Ben&Andy!!
        That is an amazing time&one can only speculate as to what this beast would run under ideal negative D/A at MIR/Atco on a nice cool October day...9.9x-10.0 is my guess if not quicker
        DA in a bottle... No need for good DA when you run NOS. Click here to enlarge

        I do wonder if it will help a little though during the RPM's hes not spraying...
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
        DA in a bottle... No need for good DA when you run NOS. Click here to enlarge

        I do wonder if it will help a little though during the RPM's hes not spraying...
        Yes,I agree..but I still think negative D/A would help overall,no?
      1. propain's Avatar
        propain -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        Yes,I agree..but I still think negative D/A would help overall,no?
        Could help a little. Cant hurt thats for sure. Click here to enlarge

        Not sure the RPM the spray is coming on but id guess at about 3K RPM. So really your only talking about 100's of a second at the begining of the run without the NOS. Probably wont help much. Tranny might be cooler though so crisper shifts...
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        Congrats to all involved,Keith,Ben&Andy!!
        That is an amazing time&one can only speculate as to what this beast would run under ideal negative D/A at MIR/Atco on a nice cool October day...9.9x-10.0 is my guess if not quicker
        Thanks Rob. Ben did a great job driving last night. I think we can safely assume that Bradenton is .2 and 2mph off MIR (all numbers N/A, 125, and 160) off last night vs what happened last MIR rental. Dialing the car in and running there is going to be the last ingredient in the formula--aside from taller tires and more spray out of the hole.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
        Amazing! Keeps getting better and better. Click here to enlarge

        Ugh... change the name... Red Brown Arrow needs to go... Click here to enlarge
        You know what they say about nicknames, you can't change it once it's given to you Click here to enlarge If it wasn't literally bestowed by AMG we would definitely call her something else like Jenna or something Click here to enlarge She seems to "inhale" whatever we throw at her pretty well. Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
        DA in a bottle... No need for good DA when you run NOS. Click here to enlarge

        I do wonder if it will help a little though during the RPM's hes not spraying...
        No question nitrous mitigates poor air quality very well. That said MIR is clearly a quicker and faster track than Bradenton this time of year especially and we have little doubt that changing venues will have a positive impact on the results next time. Although as you stated "DA in a bottle" air quality does play a role as you typically see most NOS motors pop when the DA goes negative--too lean. We have a few other small tricks up our sleeve which will hopefully put us over the hump so to speak. Ok enough predicting, we'll see what happens next time out Click here to enlarge



        You have to make it down to MIR sometime Mike!