Close

    • DCT Build Part X - Final machining of SSP oil pan

      Last week we brought you the initial pictures of the build process for the DCT oil pan. You saw one side of the pan and some users asked about seeing the other side. Well, here are the final machining photos revealing the completed pan. As you can see, there are fairly deep fins cut into it for cooling as well as a custom M logo specifically for the BimmerBoost M3. Hey, that's how we roll.
































      This article was originally published in forum thread: M3 DCT Build Journal - World's First BMW DCT Build started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 2920 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        I could probably go to Toys R Us and purchase a kids chemistry set and come up with a cure for HIV before Gintani has this car running.
        At least you would be hanging out with people at the store who have the same level of comprehension and understanding of my build that you do.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Hence why I was running my car at the track before you knew what a CLK Black Series was.
        Get over yourself, you were still in diapers when I was running a cuda t/a on road tracks.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Wait a second.....Did they just build a complete motor from a naked block, get it installed, broken in and dyno tested in less that 10 days?

        I just forwarded this to Gintani, they messaged me back and said I must have been trick photography, nobody can build a motor from scratch, bolt it into the car, break it in and do Max dyno pulls in under 10 days.

        I am going to try to enter the definition for "Gintani Calendar" on Wikipedia
        Look they are doing their and they build more than just one car. You really have no knowledge of the S65 V8 or any others in this community who have tried to do high HP builds. There is a stroker motor ESS has been working on for longer than my build, why don't you go call them and talk to them about it?

        They supercharged my car pretty quickly early on when every company didn't even have a kit out. And it was damn fast. Well before you even learned of Weistec, ok?

        So please stop putting my tuner and vendor down. If someone was doing to Weistec what you are doing to Gintani you would be pissing and moaning across the entire forum.

        So just stop acting like a child and stop putting people down. Act your age, GROW UP, and if not, then just shhhhhh.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge

        i realize it is Joe's money and of course we are just aking the piss out him but after 3 years he must feel like he has been used.
        Why? Because I build a project car for my forum? There are guys doing work here themselves on their cars and having done it for much longer ENJOYING their projects. We're car guys not a bunch of arrogant douchebags with CLK's thinking they are hot stuff. You aren't, chill out, let me enjoy my car, my forum, and my project. It has nothing to do with you.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'm not sure how many times I have to tell you this before it sinks in but your car and Jim's car has NOTHING to do with my car. It's like you both desperately want my attention. I'm building an S65 and E9X to be the fastest on that particular platform. At no point have I ever said when I dropped my car off oh please please build me a car to run with some guy named Early I won't even meet for a few years.

        You are making this about yourself. Your car and what you do has absolutely ZERO relevance to my project. A fun comparison I have always been down for and quite friendly but enough about you and your car in my thread. Seriously, get it through your head.
        YOU made it about us when YOU said YOUR bmr was going to be more than a match for the CLK. YOU are the one who called us out saying how fast your car was going to be..otherwise I could not give a krap. Drew has a car which runs and will run much faster than yours and neither Jim or I are getting on his case.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Let me respond for Sticky....I have a DCT, it is complicated. My build is the first of its kind. I want things done right. I do not care how long it takes. It will be done when it's done. Just a few more months. Just a few more weeks. Just a few more days.
        Let me respond for you JRCART.

        My CLK will beat everyone. I have the fastest car in the world which coincidentally is the center of the universe. Yes, the sun orbits my $#@! it's that fast. I bet you all 20:1 I win in anything bring money. I bet my C63 smokes supercharged M3's 5:1 who wants the bet? Oh $#@! big centri blower? I mean 2:1. I mean centri's are old technology or something as I have no idea what I'm talking about because I think they are turbos but whatever I just makes bets out my rear end without knowing anything because my $#@! is sooooooo fast. FAST FAST FAST.

        I take it back, I mean 2:1 on the drag strip only. I mean my car wins anyway because it's my car but ya 2:1 from 5:1 because that's how I roll. Oh and 10:1 with my CLK because I only race cars that haven't been broken in because hey, I'M THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE.

        JRCART FTMFW $#@!es!!!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
        For all we know the car will be back on the road next week...but then we will wait another 3 years until its "broken in" haha
        Makes total sense lol, good one. Ya the break in process will be just leaving the motor in the car so the chassis and motor get some time alone to get a feel for each other. That cuddle fest will probably last a couple months. Then the car will be started and I will slowly massage it. Then press on the throttle gentle, rinse and repeat this for a few months. Then I will come back to the forum and ask if everyone agrees with the process. That will take a few months, you know, just to get everyone's opinion.

        Then after that I'll ask you for your advice because your vast experience with a highly modified 335 with a flash is really what I'm hoping to get.

        Regarding stock suspension, uh, it's better for weight transfer to the rear than aftermarket suspension which is stiffer and set for the roadcourse. Another genius commenting.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Sticky's response.....It will be broken in when I say it's broken in, I am not going to rush anything. 3 maybe 4 months I might start taking it up over 6500 rpm. Fine automobiles are like the fine wines I sip, they take time to perfect themselves, you can not rush things.
        It will be broken in whenever I want it to be broken in. It's not your car, it's mine. You are not relevant to it, ok?
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Why? Because I build a project car for my forum? There are guys doing work here themselves on their cars and having done it for much longer ENJOYING their projects. We're car guys not a bunch of arrogant douchebags with CLK's thinking they are hot stuff. You aren't, chill out, let me enjoy my car, my forum, and my project. It has nothing to do with you.
        Joe, why so sensitive on this point? All I said is that you must feel like you have been used after seeing your build take three years....all of a sudden I am an arrogant douchebag for saying this?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
        Hahaha!!

        And wont go over 6500rpm? Thatll suck, his highly (read: self) praised M3 will get raped by even my lowly 335i during those 4 months....Hope to catch him at a roll on event, that is if he shows of course...OUCH!

        Guy sure does talk a a lot of $#@! for not even having a working car....
        You talk a lot of $#@! for a car I'd be embarrassed to show up to an event with. Nobody is getting raped by your 335i it isn't worth anyone's time who is talking here. Stay on the sidelines.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        My guess is that he is not making the Shift Sector event, it's a week from Saturday and he would have to head out on Fiday night. Car is not running, Gintani will need days for dyno tunning at the pace they work at. I would not be suprised if they already tried to fire it and there was an issue, motor was built and on a stand ready to install ten days ago, I am not aware of any meth injection systems that take ten days to plumb in. Think about it, ten days since Gintani themselves posted a photo of a completed motor and not even a hin that the car has fired yet.

        ....but according to Sticky I am the idiot lol
        You are the idiot, sorry, not trying to sit here and be nice to a guy crapping all over everything and thinking he knows everything when he screws up even the basics.

        This isn't about you. This isn't your car. This isn't your time. This isn't your money. So kindly stop talking already. This is my forum, my car, my time, and I'm going to do as I please, got it? Now I am going to put you directly in your place and remind you who runs what here. You're only response needs to be "yes sir" as I'm not indulging you're ego stroking any longer.

        My build thread, get lost.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lughed Click here to enlarge
        Damn Sticky, these guys are getting in your ass. At least let everyone know what is happening with the car
        How stupid are you? I have been letting everyone know sorry if you can't keep up due to all the idiots pissing and moaning about the past and build time. Blah blah blah it took so long blah blah blah. We'll see what they say when struggling with an M3 on low boost.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Get over yourself, you were still in diapers when I was running a cuda t/a on road tracks.
        I don't care old man, this isn't about you. This is my build thread. Get over YOURSELF and maybe I need to send you to charm school as you are sorely lacking in class.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        YOU made it about us when YOU said YOUR bmr was going to be more than a match for the CLK. YOU are the one who called us out saying how fast your car was going to be..otherwise I could not give a krap. Drew has a car which runs and will run much faster than yours and neither Jim or I are getting on his case.
        Ya I made it about you when you come into my build thread pissing all over it like a low class piece of trash. I'm not asking your opinion or what you think, I'm telling you. Once again, thread isn't about you get it through your head. Read this as many times as it takes.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Joe, why so sensitive on this point? All I said is that you must feel like you have been used after seeing your build take three years....all of a sudden I am an arrogant douchebag for saying this?
        No you were an arrogant douchebag before I ever wrote that.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        No you were an arrogant douchebag before I ever wrote that.
        Says the bench racer of the year.

        Perhaps if you were not going around saying how fast your car was going to be you would have been given more slack.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Says the bench racer of the year.

        Perhaps if you were not going around saying how fast your car was going to be you would have been given more slack.
        Oh you mean when people ask what a setup is capable of and discussing the car that's bench racing?

        You seem to have forgotten I set records with this car before you ever had a CLK. It's a build thread for discussing the car, not for stroking your ego.

        If you want to go put the car and myself down you can go to a different thread.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Look they are doing their and they build more than just one car. You really have no knowledge of the S65 V8 or any others in this community who have tried to do high HP builds. There is a stroker motor ESS has been working on for longer than my build, why don't you go call them and talk to them about it?

        They supercharged my car pretty quickly early on when every company didn't even have a kit out. And it was damn fast. Well before you even learned of Weistec, ok?

        So please stop putting my tuner and vendor down. If someone was doing to Weistec what you are doing to Gintani you would be pissing and moaning across the entire forum.

        So just stop acting like a child and stop putting people down. Act your age, GROW UP, and if not, then just shhhhhh.
        Here we go with all the rocket science S65 and DCT excuses again.


        $#@! Sticky, you are quick to call me stupid but you are the god damn dumbest mother $#@!er posting in this thread....the $#@!ing motor is built so quit using lame excuses, the DCT has been done, the motor has been done for nearly two weeks, so why the $#@! isnt the car running yet????
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Here wengo with all the rocket science S65 and DCT excuses again.


        $#@! Sticky, you are quick to call me stupid but you are the god damn dumbest mother $#@!er posting in this thread....the $#@!ing motor is built so quit using lame excuses, the DCT has been done, the motor has been done for nearly two weeks, so why the $#@! isnt the car running yet????
        I'm not indulging this any longer. Last time I say it. Depending on the next responses I remove you guys from the thread. Period. This is a build thread not something for you to jerk off over.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        Yeah for realz. Especially the GT-R's with 1300-1400whp that just hook&go straight down the track(or road) when you mash the throttle with no drama like a RWD car....you cant say a 8.7x@ 170mph+ street legal GT-R is boring,can you? Shame on you!!!Click here to enlarge
        no to drive like that, but ill paraphrase italianstallion, it gets to a point where the only other cars are other gtrs to race, everyone shows up with a gtr, and its just about who put more $$ into it because anyone and everyone builds them. nothing unique. they are what they are, but its just too common now