Close

    • Remastered/Edited twin turbo 370Z vs. bolt on BMW M6 race video by blkclk550

      You all saw the race between MSIZZLE's M6 and the twin turbo 370Z. Well, BimmerBoost user blkclk550 edited all the footage into what is a great vid. The intro is awesome and overall it is very well done, check out the video below.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: SHOWDOWN::::::MSIZZLE VS NISMO370::::::: started by MSIZZLE View original post
      Comments 477 Comments
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        For the money if I was going to buy a best bang for buck performance car New. I would not choose the bmw or the Nissan. It would be the new ford GT stang performance package 5.0. Great bolt on mods will be out for it shorty if they are not out already. Best bang for the buck from 30-50k range not much comes close.
      1. Blaizon's Avatar
        Blaizon -
        Things have become really interesting....got some numbers on Mr. Squeeze's car Click here to enlarge
      1. Jimefam's Avatar
        Jimefam -
        Domestic is an entirely different story. I live 45 mins from a huge summit store and trust me if it's domestic it's one price for the jdm market it's 150% and euro forget it! The BMW tax is like 200% of what something should cost. Only BMW shop that I've seen charges fair is TRM(they are 5 mins from my house) and they don't work with newer BMW's(yet) although I will talk mike into doing something for my car watch!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
        Domestic is an entirely different story. I live 45 mins from a huge summit store and trust me if it's domestic it's one price for the jdm market it's 150% and euro forget it! The BMW tax is like 200% of what something should cost. Only BMW shop that I've seen charges fair is TRM(they are 5 mins from my house) and they don't work with newer BMW's(yet) although I will talk mike into doing something for my car watch!
        The reason they can charge low prices at TRM is the E36 market is figured out by now, it's cheap. The cars are cheap, the parts are cheap, and there has been plenty of competition. If they built something for the E92 M3 they wouldn't be able to price it any lower than anyone else due to the development cost and market.
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
        Domestic is an entirely different story. I live 45 mins from a huge summit store and trust me if it's domestic it's one price for the jdm market it's 150% and euro forget it! The BMW tax is like 200% of what something should cost. Only BMW shop that I've seen charges fair is TRM(they are 5 mins from my house) and they don't work with newer BMW's(yet) although I will talk mike into doing something for my car watch!
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The reason they can charge low prices at TRM is the E36 market is figured out by now, it's cheap. The cars are cheap, the parts are cheap, and there has been plenty of competition. If they built something for the E92 M3 they wouldn't be able to price it any lower than anyone else due to the development cost and market.

        Great shop to have 5 mins from ur house. I maybe taking a trip down there for in house tuning.
      1. Jimefam's Avatar
        Jimefam -
        Maybe I get a hometown discount but I've talked to them about some high level stuff for the N63 whenever my car finishes it's tour of the U.S. and they seem very reasonable and remember no has even looked at one of these motors. Just look at that hpf kit I saw on here recently, 13k for a short block? That's PRETTY steep and most people were actually surprised at how "reasonable" it is as they had been quoted 18k to rebuild a N54! I mean look at the eisenmann race mufflers I bought, 3k for two mufflers! Sure that's a little R&D and yeah eisenmann is a premium brand but c'mon the only reason they charge that is because they figure if I paid 75k for my car I'd pony up the 3k. That is the BMW tax and good for them they aren't the only ones everyone charges crazy prices for BMW stuff but it's the badge more than the R&D. TRM doesn't seem to do that at least for the few things I've consulted them on. They know I know how much things really cost and I expect them to earn but not go crazy.
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Yea I never look at the price of modding newer car's. I'm into the old fart e36. ;-)
      1. Jimefam's Avatar
        Jimefam -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
        Yea I never look at the price of modding newer car's. I'm into the old fart e36. ;-)
        That's where the powers at though. I bet that E36 of yours can demolish pretty much everyone on here's cars(except mine of course) and it probably cost you 1/2 of what it cost someone like let's say sticky with his M3 or when I get up there in $ with my 550i. My 550i is my DD and I like messing with it because that's what I like but when it comes time to win a race I'll be taking the 240 out.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
        Maybe I get a hometown discount but I've talked to them about some high level stuff for the N63 whenever my car finishes it's tour of the U.S. and they seem very reasonable and remember no has even looked at one of these motors. Just look at that hpf kit I saw on here recently, 13k for a short block? That's PRETTY steep and most people were actually surprised at how "reasonable" it is as they had been quoted 18k to rebuild a N54! I mean look at the eisenmann race mufflers I bought, 3k for two mufflers! Sure that's a little R&D and yeah eisenmann is a premium brand but c'mon the only reason they charge that is because they figure if I paid 75k for my car I'd pony up the 3k. That is the BMW tax and good for them they aren't the only ones everyone charges crazy prices for BMW stuff but it's the badge more than the R&D. TRM doesn't seem to do that at least for the few things I've consulted them on. They know I know how much things really cost and I expect them to earn but not go crazy.
        Yes, these motors have yet to really be touched in depth but it will come. I think you made the right move getting the 550i.

        Your prices are going to be steep as well.

        Yes, you paid a lot of mufflers but if you waited there would be cheaper options Click here to enlarge Got to pay to play, at least you got a very nice quality set that will sound great.

        We do have a BMW tax, just how it is. But also why it is an exclusive club to highly modify the new BMW's to a high level. Anyone can go get a 5.0 and do bolt on's, not everyone can go get a $70k+ BMW and build the motor with boost, etc.
      1. Jimefam's Avatar
        Jimefam -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Yes, these motors have yet to really be touched in depth but it will come. I think you made the right move getting the 550i.

        Your prices are going to be steep as well.

        Yes, you paid a lot of mufflers but if you waited there would be cheaper options Click here to enlarge Got to pay to play, at least you got a very nice quality set that will sound great.

        We do have a BMW tax, just how it is. But also why it is an exclusive club to highly modify the new BMW's to a high level. Anyone can go get a 5.0 and do bolt on's, not everyone can go get a $70k+ BMW and build the motor with boost, etc.
        I agree obviously or else I wouldn't have bought the 5 or be modding it but I'm also realistic in the sense that I will probably pour 40k into the 5 when it's all said and done and won't beat my 1989 240sx. It's just the nature of these cars, same as your M3 you will certainly build a monstrous M3 but I think you'll come up short of older easier to mod cars they just won't be as nice as yours. Case in point I paid $310 for a custom made mandrel bent 4" straight pipe from my turbo back for the 240 vs $1600 the same guy wants to replace the piping from the downpipes back to 2.5" mandrel bent on the 5 and guess what as soon as it's back in the Atl I'll be taking it to him cause I'm aware I won't get that less anywhere. Hell I'm paying 2k to custom ventureshield wrap the 5 and that's what I'd pay to paint the 240! It just costs alot to do anything to these cars. Another funny thing is I like my 5 quite a bit but I LOVE my 240 so it's all relative.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Not happening today. It will happen.. when im good and ready.. as others already stated, you dont race if your not 100%.. and i wasnt 100% today
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
        That's where the powers at though. I bet that E36 of yours can demolish pretty much everyone on here's cars(except mine of course) and it probably cost you 1/2 of what it cost someone like let's say sticky with his M3 or when I get up there in $ with my 550i. My 550i is my DD and I like messing with it because that's what I like but when it comes time to win a race I'll be taking the 240 out.
        Why thank you good sir, but why not ur's? Click here to enlarge
      1. Jimefam's Avatar
        Jimefam -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
        Why thank you good sir, but why not ur's? Click here to enlarge
        Well let's just say that when I put her back together(she is currently in pieces as I just got the whole motor cryo'd) you'd need alot more than that skateboard you keep bragging about to keep up! Lol but I'm getting ahead of myself as I plan on being the king of trash talking once I'm home and she's up and running again but for now I'm just some guy with a bunch of parts in his garage.
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
        Well let's just say that when I put her back together(she is currently in pieces as I just got the whole motor cryo'd) you'd need alot more than that skateboard you keep bragging about to keep up! Lol but I'm getting ahead of myself as I plan on being the king of trash talking once I'm home and she's up and running again but for now I'm just some guy with a bunch of parts in his garage.
        what kinda numbers were u putting down before you rebuild/upgrades?
      1. Jimefam's Avatar
        Jimefam -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        what kinda numbers were u putting down before you rebuild/upgrades?
        Just over 600hp/400tq.
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
        Just over 600hp/400tq.
        any 1/4mi times?
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
        Well let's just say that when I put her back together(she is currently in pieces as I just got the whole motor cryo'd) you'd need alot more than that skateboard you keep bragging about to keep up! Lol but I'm getting ahead of myself as I plan on being the king of trash talking once I'm home and she's up and running again but for now I'm just some guy with a bunch of parts in his garage.
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
        Just over 600hp/400tq.
        Is that whp and wtq you are referring to, or bhp? I'm currently 500whp, and 452wtq on pretty much a base tune. I have my car apart awaiting the first Steed Speed T3 manifold, and a HTA 3586r turbo. Same turbo has made close to 800whp on evo's. I hoping for 600whp at 18-20psi on pump fuel. My motor is built for about 900-1000whp on the bottom end. My head is stock.
      1. Jimefam's Avatar
        Jimefam -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        any 1/4mi times?
        Well the 240's drivetrain isn't quite built for that level of power so I've never been able to put the power down. If I had to guess I'd say that's probably good for mid to low 11's but the best I was able to manage was 12.3, I upped the boost to 24psi and broke my diff output shafts. I will have all this resolved though as I'm changing everything to be indestructible. This was on a modified stock manifold with a holset hx40 and fbo on a stock block with nismo 740cc's and an hks triple plate. I broke the ringland on the #5 piston when upping the boost to28psi to max out the turbo and try for 700whp. Those numbers are to the wheels.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
        I agree obviously or else I wouldn't have bought the 5 or be modding it but I'm also realistic in the sense that I will probably pour 40k into the 5 when it's all said and done and won't beat my 1989 240sx. It's just the nature of these cars, same as your M3 you will certainly build a monstrous M3 but I think you'll come up short of older easier to mod cars they just won't be as nice as yours. Case in point I paid $310 for a custom made mandrel bent 4" straight pipe from my turbo back for the 240 vs $1600 the same guy wants to replace the piping from the downpipes back to 2.5" mandrel bent on the 5 and guess what as soon as it's back in the Atl I'll be taking it to him cause I'm aware I won't get that less anywhere. Hell I'm paying 2k to custom ventureshield wrap the 5 and that's what I'd pay to paint the 240! It just costs alot to do anything to these cars. Another funny thing is I like my 5 quite a bit but I LOVE my 240 so it's all relative.
        I knew all this before I started. I chose to modify an M3 and in the BMW sphere it is the strongest platform available. It's expensive and won't ever beat the top domestics but how fast do I really need to go? I'll be happy to set some BMW records as this site is about BMW performance.
      1. gringotegra's Avatar
        gringotegra -
        600 in a 240 is alot of power, should have been 10's.. My friends made 450ish and was a mid 120's trap, it was just hard to get it to hook.... What motor is in it?