• Stock C63 w/ P31 vs E92 M3 DCT w/ Catless X-Pipe and Borla Mufflers

      This is a great race to see, BimmerBoost and BenzBoost members DD GT3 RD and DLSJ5 racing their C63 P31 and M3 DCT respectively. The C63 P31 is stock and the DCT M3 has a catless X-pipe and Borla mufflers. The C63 with the P31 package is the decisively faster and for the M3 to win it would definitely take a tune. Check out the video below.


      Vid:

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Stock C63 w/ P31 vs E92 M3 DCT w/ Catless X-Pipe and Borla Mufflers started by DD GT3 RD View original post
      Comments 34 Comments
      1. mpoweroo1's Avatar
        mpoweroo1 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
        Thanks man, so what were the results for you?
        I pulled the M5 pretty hard and against the C63 I put about a car to a car and a half everytime. They both could not believe how fast my car is. I am really pleased at how my car is running with the Stg. 2.
      1. DLSJ5's Avatar
        DLSJ5 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mpoweroo1 Click here to enlarge
        I pulled the M5 pretty hard and against the C63 I put about a car to a car and a half everytime. They both could not believe how fast my car is. I am really pleased at how my car is running with the Stg. 2.
        Good stuff Brotha.
      1. mpoweroo1's Avatar
        mpoweroo1 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
        Good stuff Brotha.
        Thanks man, I was also surprised as we went from 60mph everytime and the top end on both of those cars is really where they shine.

        I know once the C63 gets his full exhaust and tune to match, it is game over for me!
      1. ItalianStallion's Avatar
        ItalianStallion -
        I've seen it in person where the C63 bone stock runs a fully bolted up E92 M3 and the C63 was dead even or was half a length ahead. If the race started at 30mph or under, the C63 would slightly pull ahead and keep the lead.

        Good vids, thanks for sharing!
      1. ERM324's Avatar
        ERM324 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
        I've seen it in person where the C63 bone stock runs a fully bolted up E92 M3 and the C63 was dead even or was half a length ahead. If the race started at 30mph or under, the C63 would slightly pull ahead and keep the lead.

        Good vids, thanks for sharing!
        Was the M3 a 6MT? Because that makes a WORLD of a difference...

        When I was stock (E92 M3 DCT) I was dead even with a stock 2010 C63 up until 130.... race looked like this, with me pulling into the lead at times and then he would put his nose out at times as well (this isnt my car):




        Then when I went fully bolted (gintani full catless exhaust, ms air filter, rpi scoops, ms underdrive pulleys, etc...) I pull hard on stock c63's, and figure my car with a ligh-weight wheel set-up should be a good match for a tuned C63.....
        ....I've always wondered why alot of M3's differ in their experiences with C63's..when stock for stock a DCT should be about even with the AMG
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        Impressive how fast the M3 DCT's can be with full bolt ons. No sense in getting a MT.
      1. ERM324's Avatar
        ERM324 -
        ^Yeah alot of people underestimate the DCT S65 because of their experiences with a 6MT, the tranny really is a lifesaver
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        Impressive how fast the M3 DCT's can be with full bolt ons. No sense in getting a MT.
        Three pedals > two pedals
        it's better cuz it has one more pedal Click here to enlarge
      1. ItalianStallion's Avatar
        ItalianStallion -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
        Was the M3 a 6MT? Because that makes a WORLD of a difference...

        When I was stock (E92 M3 DCT) I was dead even with a stock 2010 C63 up until 130.... race looked like this, with me pulling into the lead at times and then he would put his nose out at times as well (this isnt my car):




        Then when I went fully bolted (gintani full catless exhaust, ms air filter, rpi scoops, ms underdrive pulleys, etc...) I pull hard on stock c63's, and figure my car with a ligh-weight wheel set-up should be a good match for a tuned C63.....
        ....I've always wondered why alot of M3's differ in their experiences with C63's..when stock for stock a DCT should be about even with the AMG
        I am pretty sure it was stick, though not 100% sure. In fact the M3 looked just like your car in the avatar. This race was against a black stock C63 in Yonk...I mean Mexico...you?
      1. ERM324's Avatar
        ERM324 -
        yeah my car is a DCT so it couldnt have been me.......in yonkers? nope i ran one out in captree, he was a friend of mine..
      1. ItalianStallion's Avatar
        ItalianStallion -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
        yeah my car is a DCT so it couldnt have been me.......in yonkers? nope i ran one out in captree, he was a friend of mine..
        Gotchya! Just taking a wild guess since it looked just like your car. I'll find out soon if the car was DCT or manual. Sounded like a stick to me. I am sure the DCT kills the stick car. I ran a stick ess sc'ed e90 m3 and murdered it last year. The owner says his car was broke (not sure what exactly happened). I thought maybe I beat him so bad because of the lost time in shifts considering I've seen some supercharged M3's trapping into the 130's. Dual Clutch Transmission > 3 pedals (not for fun factor though!)
      1. JonsC63AMG's Avatar
        JonsC63AMG -
        My experience with a 6spd e92 m3 coupe. Stock for stock my C63 would always pull couple cars from a 40-130. After my tune I ran a DCT M3 coupe with intake,exhaust. My C63 would rape it by 5cars from 40-130+. Goes to show how much the tune wakes it up.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
        Gotchya! Just taking a wild guess since it looked just like your car. I'll find out soon if the car was DCT or manual. Sounded like a stick to me. I am sure the DCT kills the stick car. I ran a stick ess sc'ed e90 m3 and murdered it last year. The owner says his car was broke (not sure what exactly happened). I thought maybe I beat him so bad because of the lost time in shifts considering I've seen some supercharged M3's trapping into the 130's. Dual Clutch Transmission > 3 pedals (not for fun factor though!)
        lol.. i fear no M3 Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
        I am pretty sure it was stick, though not 100% sure. In fact the M3 looked just like your car in the avatar. This race was against a black stock C63 in Yonk...I mean Mexico...you?
        The transmission makes a big difference. A manual should lose to a C63, a DCT should be even.