Close

    • Warning to Mercedes Enthusiasts! Evosport hundreds of thousands in debt, not delivering parts


      We have been sitting on this story for some time but enough is enough, something has to be said. We can not sit idly by while Evosport continues to take money from our users and not deliver parts. BenzBoost user JRCART is the latest person who Evosport has taken thousands from, in his case under the guise of delivering a Weistec supercharger for his CLK63 black series. We wish we could say he is the only person who has spent considerable money with Evosport only to not get what he paid for, but he isn't.

      Many of you know JRCART as Jim. A nice guy who has a CLK63 Black Series who has done considerable business with Evosport. Well, months ago, he paid Evosport over $30,000 for his Weistec supercharger only for the car to sit with nothing done to it. As a matter of fact, JRCART told us Evosport used this time period to charge something around $20,000 to JRCART's insurance company for front end damage. Not only were we told they took tens of thousands and did not deliver the product they promised, they decided to make money off JRCART's insurance company for bodywork repair whose cost was inflated. UPDATE Jim finally got so fed up with the empty promises after months he had his car taken out of Evosport this past week and taken to Wesitec.

      We called up Weistec to confirm this and they did confirm the car was now at their facility. We spoke to Steve at Weistec who was a complete professional. He was as politically correct as one can be and would not engage in any mudslinging and that is to be respected.

      Now JRCART and his Weistec supercharger fiasco with Evosport is just one piece of this puzzle. We mentioned hundreds of thousands of dollars. Well, it turns out that a guy by the name of Jim Brady invested $300,000-$400,000 in Evosport. We believe these funds were used for Evosport's new facility and he is waiting on his return. Well, he is going to be waiting a heck of a long time and better get in line. On MBworld he posts as if nothing is wrong and who can blame him? He wants his money back and likely did not realize what he was getting himself into. This is a huge sum of money and we hope he gets it back.

      In addition to the now hundreds of thousands Evosport owes, they owe Powerchip a large outstanding balance. This was confirmed in a discussion with Powerchip representatives who did confirm the outstanding balance but would not say how much. We have heard rumors ranging up to $100,000 but now you can all see why Powerchip has the pull with Evosport that they do.

      Is this it? We wish, but it isn't. Evosport has an outstanding balance with Rotora. Wondering why you haven't received your Evosport rotors? Well, BimmerBoost user tgoss has been waiting months now for his rotors. He is going to be waiting indefinitely as we have been informed that Rotora supposedly suspended Evosport's account for an oustanding amount in the thousands. See a pattern here?

      This has to be it, right? Well, it isn't. Since Evosport started MBworld and it was purchased by Internet Brands they have been able to keep this all silenced on the site they control, MBworld, as well as other internet brands sites such as 6speedonline. Don't believe us? Look at this poor guy who has been waiting since October of 2010 for his parts: Evosport Parts The discussion was locked to help preserve Evosport's image. We contacted the poster and he got us in touch with his friend and still until today in April 2011, he has not received all his parts.

      Ok, that is all? Right? Can't be any more? Well, I referred my friend to Evosport who managed to talk him into a V10 twin turbo swap for his E92 M3. I tried to tell him that was a project that would have no end, but he did not listen. Evosport took the S65 V8 out of his M3 only to place it into Brads (one of Evosport's owners) father's race car. This car has been sitting in the shop collecting dust for years now with no end in sight but 10's of thousands taken.

      We actually could go on as there are users who have not received headers, pulleys, rotors, etc. There are some prominent individuals we have been told about who did not get their Evosport parts so the list goes on. Everyone in the Mercedes community must be made aware of this as on MBworld all of these details are deleted or removed to protect Evosport who does control MBworld.

      So is this all incredibly shady? Yes. But why? Why would they do this? Well, Evosport has moved into a very large new facility and it would seem they are funding it with their customers money. Now you must be saying, how can they survive this? Well, we don't know if they will. JRCART stated that when he picked up all his parts from Evosport Brad looked like he was about to cry. He must know the jig is up. If Jim Brady gets tired of sitting around he will have to go the legal route to get his money back. JRCART (Jim) is already getting his insurance company involved. If Powerchip and others all try to get their money at the same time Evosport is going to be in some major trouble. Our advice? Until all debts are repaid, stay away. That is unless you like waiting forever for parts from a company on very shaky ground.
      This article was originally published in forum thread: Warning to Mercedes Enthusiasts! Evosport hundreds of thousands in debt, not delivering parts started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 667 Comments
      1. Sonny's Avatar
        Sonny -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mort Click here to enlarge
        I have noticed some subtle changes, as I am sure we all have, since Superlubricity was taken on as a moderator. I think he was brought on board with this evolution in mind. For lack of any better information I will give him credit for the idea of cleaning up the stickies in C63 Forum.
        Why would a moderator want to remove Evosport product threads? If IB owns the site, then they are probably behind the removal of the stickies? I'm just saying that IMO if it was in IB's interest to keep the Evosport stickies up, they would be there.

        Super has done a great job at cleaning up the Stickies and making some really good ones like the weight reduction thread and the 1/4 mile thread.

        I will say that it makes sense for some of the Stickies to come down because some of them had to do with Evosprot product guides and development that were not updated in some time and did not have any recent discussion.
      1. PetroC63's Avatar
        PetroC63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        Quite an interesting development. IIRC, sponsors have to pay for those stickies on MBW. They're gone from the CLK63BS forum as well. Maybe IB is taking this more seriously than originally assumed (by many, I might add)?
        Maybe IB just got tired of the negative press?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Same in Black Series section
        I didn't see that but it does make sense to be removed there too.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
        Wow, that's true. I didn't even realize that.


        I think this might be the most interesting development thus far, at least in terms of the functioning of the forum goes. I mean, if Evosport needs to make revenue, why would they choose to remove a big form of advertisement. Must be something else, like you suggested.
        Maybe it wasn't Evosports choice.
      1. PetroC63's Avatar
        PetroC63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mort Click here to enlarge
        I have noticed some subtle changes, as I am sure we all have, since Superlubricity was taken on as a moderator. I think he was brought on board with this evolution in mind. For lack of any better information I will give him credit for the idea of cleaning up the stickies in C63 Forum.
        Agreed. I think super has done a fantastic job in the C63 forum.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
        I will say that it makes sense for some of the Stickies to come down because some of them had to do with Evosprot product guides and development that were not updated in some time and did not have any recent discussion.
        +1

        The only posting in the Evosport sticky threads lately have been from people complaining about availability
        or not getting an ordered product. Maybe this was just a way to deflect more negative press away from
        Evosport? No stickies on the top page, no people posting complaints on them for all to see?
      1. Sonny's Avatar
        Sonny -
        ^ At the rate with which this situation is unfolding, I imagine the circumstances will make more sense soon.

        Are you going to be able to receive your rotors?
      1. PetroC63's Avatar
        PetroC63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
        ^ At the rate with which this situation is unfolding, I imagine the circumstances will make more sense soon.

        Are you going to be able to receive your rotors?
        I was assured by James(ACG) that I would receive rotors. Not sure who's brand.
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
        UH OH! i got banned for the 10th time!
        Technically, a ban is permanent. The first 9...lets call them suspensions.
      1. Sonny's Avatar
        Sonny -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
        I was assured by James(ACG) that I would receive rotors. Not sure who's brand.
        Well, I'm sure many of us are wondering about the brand as well, considering rotors get used up and then need replacement.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
        Holy $#@! Sticky!! This is incredible stuff.
        Yes it is, and it certainly is not going to be swept under the rug. Don't understand how MBworld can pretend like this problem doesn't exist.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        FWIW, the accedited investor document is standard boiler-plate for such an offering. If interested:
        Absolutely, it is, just kind of awkward to be targeting certain customers with it and how they want to know just how many millions one is worth for what is a $100k investment. Just feels weird right? And for a customer to be the one who is doing it all on their behalf? Just all feels off.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
        Wow!

        So, everything reported was pretty much 100% accurate?
        Yes sir, accurate and that is something we take pride in. We just did not realize the enormity of the situation and the level to which they are trying to raise funds from customers seemingly to cover their own behinds.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        Quite an interesting development. IIRC, sponsors have to pay for those stickies on MBW. They're gone from the CLK63BS forum as well. Maybe IB is taking this more seriously than originally assumed (by many, I might add)?
        Let's hope they are... I doubt IB even realized the full extent of what was going on.
      1. Sonny's Avatar
        Sonny -
        I just noticed that the rotors thread is back up in the regular (non-sticky) line up.
      1. PetroC63's Avatar
        PetroC63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Yes sir, accurate and that is something we take pride in. We just did not realize the enormity of the situation and the level to which they are trying to raise funds from customers seemingly to cover their own behinds.
        Very nice work Sticky.

        Maybe we can recruit your talents and have you find out what happened to Jimmy Hoffa?Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
        Very nice work Sticky.

        Maybe we can recruit your talents and have you find out what happened to Jimmy Hoffa?Click here to enlarge
        Have MBworld start deleting posts about Hoffa and I'll get to work Click here to enlarge
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Absolutely, it is, just kind of awkward to be targeting certain customers with it and how they want to know just how many millions one is worth for what is a $100k investment. Just feels weird right? And for a customer to be the one who is doing it all on their behalf? Just all feels off.
        Not really - they're standard SEC compliance questions to determine if an investor is accredited, or perhaps meets a higher qualified purchaser standard. This kind of stuff (100k unit size, accredited investor/QP) is extremely common for private placement investments. A limited number of non-accredited investors could participate, after which there are greater registration and disclosure requirements that need to be met. I'm more familiar with LPs than LLCs, but I assume the fundamentals are roughly equivalent.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        Not really - they're standard SEC compliance questions to determine if an investor is accredited, or perhaps meets a higher qualified purchaser standard. This kind of stuff (100k unit size, accredited investor/QP) is extremely common for private placement investments. A limited number of non-accredited investors could participate, after which there are greater registration and disclosure requirements that need to be met. I'm more familiar with LPs than LLCs, but I assume the fundamentals are roughly equivalent.
        I do not doubt anything you wrote.

        I'm not saying the document feels off I'm saying the way they are going about targeting their own customers is. I mean they essentially are trying to get money from people they know have money who they have sold parts to in order to fix their own problems. They choose a handful of people and then Jim Brady contacts them to try to get them "in" on it.

        Maybe it's common to do go about it like that? This whole thing just kind of stinks to me.
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        Well I havent been on MBW in a couple days&when I popped over there today it seems I have been banned. Now mind you,I was perma-banned a few yrs ago for fighting with jrcart&telling brad to go F uck himself. There are only 6ppl who new exactly what my second screen name name over there was and a few who assumed it was me...I always layed low&purposely did not engage in any heated debates in order not to draw attention to myself. Some punk ass $#@! ratted me out&Im pretty sure I know who it was...they also post here. Whoa,ya got me banned from MBW again lol!!!
      1. Exeenom's Avatar
        Exeenom -
        The Evosport mess keeps getting bigger and bigger or should I say worse and worse. Apparently, there has been a number of people who had some of their PMs edited or deleted. I am trying to currently verify this and will let you guys know. I have always wondered why Evosport doesn't just go into those problem threads and defend themselves in a more in depth manner, such as, providing detailed explanations of their side of the story and giving concrete information on when they'll be able to resolve the issue instead of just replying with a one statement answer for each customer then locking the threads.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        The Evosport mess keeps getting bigger and bigger or should I say worse and worse. Apparently, there has been a number of people who had some of their PMs edited or deleted. I am trying to currently verify this and will let you guys know. I have always wondered why Evosport doesn't just go into those problem threads and defend themselves in a more in depth manner, such as, providing detailed explanations of their side of the story and giving concrete information on when they'll be able to resolve the issue instead of just replying with a one statement answer for each customer then locking the threads.
        PM's deleted and edited? Edited Pm's? WTF are they running over there?
      1. Benz-O-Rama's Avatar
        Benz-O-Rama -
        I can't believe you would make a second account over there. You should be tarred and feathered.

        The nerve of some people. Click here to enlarge

        What as your second screen name, ClayJ? I knew it!

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        Well I havent been on MBW in a couple days&when I popped over there today it seems I have been banned. Now mind you,I was perma-banned a few yrs ago for fighting with jrcart&telling brad to go F uck himself. There are only 6ppl who new exactly what my second screen name name over there was and a few who assumed it was me...I always layed low&purposely did not engage in any heated debates in order not to draw attention to myself. Some punk ass $#@! ratted me out&Im pretty sure I know who it was...they also post here. Whoa,ya got me banned from MBW again lol!!!