Close

    • Full bolt on E63 BMW M6 vs. GTM Stage I twin turbo Nissan 370Z

      A race that we had been waiting to see for some time has finally taken place. MSIZZLE in his full bolt on M6 raced a GTM Stage I twin turbo 370Z. The M6 has dyno'd 510 whp uncorrected and the 370Z has put down 490 whp uncorrected. The cars are pretty close with the 370Z ultimately pulling a couple car-lengths. Check out the video below.








      Video:

      This article was originally published in forum thread: SHOWDOWN::::::MSIZZLE VS NISMO370::::::: started by MSIZZLE View original post
      Comments 687 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
        i get 11MPG it cost me $800 a month on gas to drive to my office and back.
        Time for a scooter?
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Time for a scooter?
        nah it dun't burn tires out the parking lot.
      1. Blaizon's Avatar
        Blaizon -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Yet another thing the M3 does better.
        True Click here to enlarge
      1. nismo370's Avatar
        nismo370 -
        Pump vs pump lol street tires vs stret tires. I'm not in full attack mode either.
      1. nismo370's Avatar
        nismo370 -
        If I didn't have to buy tires id go buy a manual boost controller and have another map for 10psi.
      1. ERM324's Avatar
        ERM324 -
        True^.....the day I picked my M3 up I went from the dealership back home and already noticed 1/4 the tank gone......and the fuel reserve comes on ALOT more now lol....thats one good thing about the N54
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
        thats one good thing about the N54
        As we have seen in this thread, it's a bad thing. The M3 gas guzzling is an enthusiasts friend. It allows you to change fuel quality far more quickly. BMW M knew what it was doing back then.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        I havent even tried this street tire setup.. i may very well need new axles tomorrow.. Click here to enlarge
      1. nismo370's Avatar
        nismo370 -
        Lol...well let's hope you don't break anything, u know how reliable bimmers are Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
        video finished ladies i had lots of problems with some format between 2 computers so i had to dlete some of the scenes lemme know what you think.

        The video is very well done man, props.

        The intro is badass, I really like the whole BimmerBoost animation. If you permit me, I want to use that for future vids.
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The video is very well done man, props.

        The intro is badass, I really like the whole BimmerBoost animation. If you permit me, I want to use that for future vids.
        not a problem it's all yours, i need to compete with dragtimes in video delivery =D
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
        not a problem it's all yours, i need to compete with dragtimes in video delivery =D
        I owe you big time.
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        So far I will own all car's mentioned on my leg powered skate board. Hi 5
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
        So far I will own all car's mentioned on my leg powered skate board. Hi 5
        wanna run a VEYRON ?
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I owe you big time.
        here enjoy in 1080P

      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        ^ THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
        wanna run a VEYRON ?
        It will need NOS to keep up. ;-)
      1. gringotegra's Avatar
        gringotegra -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lughed Click here to enlarge
        You speak so generally. What about gearing, shift times, drag co-efficiency, power band, etc??
        i was trying to get a point over quick, but yah i agree there are many factors that come into play tho... Most cars now a days have pretty good gearing from the factory that are well matched with their motors... so the chances of having a car that makes major power with a really $#@!ty tranny are pretty slim...

        I know that in my car the stock tranny is pretty much perfect as far as the ratios and what not for the motor i have.. to compare a few, honda made integra's with 3 different motors and 3 different transmissions... each transmission matches each motor very well...They all have the same 1st gear ratio but everything after that is different..

        I think i already made some good points on gearing + power band with the HPF stage 4.... the power band for the 76mm and where they rev the car to pretty much sucks... lol... Yes it makes power but where the car's shift points are + 76mm turbo are not ideal... but thats a whole another thread! haha

        Driver/slow shifter is a factor yes, but thats the drivers fault lol...

        I would say drag co-efficiency really doesnt come into play untill higher speeds (140+)... Obviously if you drive a brick for a car you're $#@!ed lol....

        Power band is a good one, ive always been told you need a solid 3000rpm powerband in drag racing... For example my car makes peak tq @ 6000rpm ish and it holds it until around 9200rpm and i shift at 9500rpm..If tq is constant then power(hp) goes up... every shift i am still in peak tq...

        Given the weight and power of a car you can calculate what it SHOULD trap.. It is pretty accurate.. it is within .5mph on my car and pretty close on a few of my friends car's....
      1. Mr.Squeeze's Avatar
        Mr.Squeeze -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        trying to clear my schedule to meet Nismo and squeeze tomorrow, but no promises, and unfortunatly for me, ill be on pumpgas, so about 17-18 psi.. which is not ideal for me, but oh well, it is what it is Click here to enlarge
        If your not at 100% you dont have to race us I understand that you need that higher octane. I rather see you at 100% even if I my self cant beat you because I will be fresh of the dyno but I know the Nismo will. Out of everyone on this board you had the most doubt and mouth from pulling up info about the dyno reading high and the nismo only making 440whp drag times from another car that dyno on the same dyno. I even think you said that you will beat him by 5 cars and the motor will blow up you even had a doubt about the dyno done at Vinny 10 shop etc.

        I am not even going to sugar coat it I am dying to see Nismo or my self put our foot so far up your azz from all your mouth. I am not one to talk junk but as far as this race goes I cant wait to see it. I am sure in person you will be totally different that's how most people end up being so if you didnt have time to run out your gas and put higher octane another day will be fine.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
        If your not at 100% you dont have to race us I understand that you need that higher octane. I rather see you at 100% even if I my self cant beat you because I will be fresh of the dyno but I know the Nismo will. Out of everyone on this board you had the most doubt and mouth from pulling up info about the dyno reading high and the nismo only making 440whp drag times from another car that dyno on the same dyno. I even think you said that you will beat him by 5 cars and the motor will blow up you even had a doubt about the dyno done at Vinny 10 shop etc.

        I am not even going to sugar coat it I am dying to see Nismo or my self put our foot so far up your azz from all your mouth. I am not one to talk junk but as far as this race goes I cant wait to see it. I am sure in person you will be totally different that's how most people end up being so if you didnt have time to run out your gas and put higher octane another day will be fine.
        lol, dude, even on pump ill mop the floor with you, get something done then run your mouth. i still doubt the power the car makes, i still doubt the boost used. i dont believe any of the $#@!.. you want to go deeper into it? no boost controller? isnt Nismo using uprev software?

        i guess ill have to dive further into the nissan tuning world, but i sure hope youve been truthful this whole time. if not, it sucks when your caught in a lie