Close

    • Steed Speed response to HPF about their S54 turbo manifold along with the accusations of it leaking

      The new cast S54 turbo manifold HPF (Horsepower Freaks) has released is causing quite a stir. There have been some shots taken from all sides and BimmerBoost decided to contact Steed Speed directly to get their response to the issues that have been mentioned. You can read the answers to our questions below.

      The first issue we wanted clarification on was the price drop. It appears that HPF is essentially attempting to cut into the S54 manifold market at a lower price point. We asked if Steed Speed was retaliating:

      We asked Steed Speed what they felt about about the switch.

      There have been accusations that the Steed Speed product leaks inferring a design defect. Here is what Steed Speed had to say about what HPF has said about their manifold leaking:

      Ultimately, Steed Speed believes this cast manifold from HPF is being produced simply to get greater profit per kit.

      HPF attempted to severely undercut Steed Speed who responded by lowering their price to make the difference negligible. Such is business and we are not taking sides but wish for consumers to be as informed as possible before making their decision.

      It has been suggested the Steed Speed manifold will outperform the HPF manifold. We do not know if these claims are true but are open to any independent testing and would be more than happy to report the results. What is most important is to have the best products available with documentation to help consumers make the best/most informed purchasing decision.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Steed Speed response to HPF about their S54 turbo manifold along with accusations of it leaking started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 273 Comments
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        Talking about the exhaust mani. Why can't I compare. There the only 2 s54 turbos. Not even going to post no more. Forum ain't for me anymore. Good day. GG text me if needed.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Talking about the exhaust mani. Why can't I compare. There the only 2 s54 turbos. Not even going to post no more. Forum ain't for me anymore. Good day. GG text me if needed.
        You have the Steed Speed manifold so your perspective would be one that is valuable.
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        I read this forum allday. Filled with great info but it's also a cesspool of people banned elsewhere. There really no point to share anymore. I'll continue to lurk but all my info will probably stick with me. Unless LM post something on my behalf. I can't take the hpf crusades again.

        Probably sounds weird but I've been getting so many bad info trash talking p
        and such across all forums.
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        No problem here with steedspeed. I'd perfer this one. Don't see nothing wrong with new one.
        I find it weird with the hpf girl but people shouldn't trash a woman for no reason.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        I read this forum allday. Filled with great info but it's also a cesspool of people banned elsewhere. There really no point to share anymore. I'll continue to lurk but all my info will probably stick with me. Unless LM post something on my behalf. I can't take the hpf crusades again.

        Probably sounds weird but I've been getting so many bad info trash talking p
        and such across all forums.
        There is no crusade, no need for it. You have a quality product and a tremendous vehicle. You actually have hands on experience with this, few do.

        There are people here who are banned elsewhere but for the most part it is the best discussion without the junk. I mean hey Batta, do your thing but you are one of the few who can speak from experience.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        No problem here with steedspeed. I'd perfer this one. Don't see nothing wrong with new one.
        I find it weird with the hpf girl but people shouldn't trash a woman for no reason.
        Nothing wrong with her, don't even see why people are trashing her but she is hard to not focus on.
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        There's a crusade. Ray Charles showed me. I have plenty of experience with my setup. Most who talk do not.
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        AA is worlds ahead of HPF lets stop kidding ourselves. The Steed Speed manifold is the best thing about HPf's kit, and now that they will not be using the Steed Speed Manifold then new manifold is a down grade. Sorry, and many agree who are in the know...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
        AA is worlds ahead of HPF lets stop kidding ourselves.
        This is not an AA vs. HPF discussion. That has no place here. Batta simply said AA uses cast manifolds as well and with good success.
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        Many of the same haters. I got plenty of experience with AA. Wouldn't call them light years ahead of anyone. I'm done here. Me and you been getting along but you and the list of people I don't feel typing are starting to make me sick. Everyone claims to
        be know. GOOD BYE. If I could delete account I would do it right now.

        Be easy. HPF sucks and we all been fooled into buying a crap product.
      1. 600whp S4's Avatar
        600whp S4 -
        The cast manifold is a downgrade if some one wants to send me both I will gladly flow bench test both of them! And I know for a fact that hpf will screw with the dyno results to make the new manifold look better. or just change the tuning in some way add timing ect! And since HPF never releases a dyno by rpm we will probably never see the spool data!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Many of the same haters. I got plenty of experience with AA. Wouldn't call them light years ahead of anyone. I'm done here. Me and you been getting along but you and the list of people I don't feel typing are starting to make me sick. Everyone claims to
        be know. GOOD BYE. If I could delete account I would do it right now.

        Be easy. HPF sucks and we all been fooled into buying a crap product.
        Guessing you and GG aren't friends?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
        The cast manifold is a downgrade if some one wants to send me both I will gladly flow bench test both of them!
        Simple solution, flow bench tests but seems most feel the Steed Speed product is higher quality.
      1. 600whp S4's Avatar
        600whp S4 -
        Easy way to look at this is would you rather have a forged CNC'd piston or a cast piston?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
        Easy way to look at this is would you rather have a forged CNC'd piston or a cast piston?
        Well forged of course but does that really work the same way for manifolds? Just asking honestly if a cast manifold can't do a good job.
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Guessing you and GG aren't friends?
        We are friendly, but he doesn't understand my vast knowledge yet.
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Many of the same haters. I got plenty of experience with AA. Wouldn't call them light years ahead of anyone. I'm done here. Me and you been getting along but you and the list of people I don't feel typing are starting to make me sick. Everyone claims to
        be know. GOOD BYE. If I could delete account I would do it right now.

        Be easy. HPF sucks and we all been fooled into buying a crap product.
        Dude if you agree with this new manifold get the new manifold, and you will weep at the power loss.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
        Dude if you agree with this new manifold get the new manifold, and you will weep at the power loss.
        He isn't saying he agrees with the new manifold. He is saying a lot of HPF bashing has been going on and he is right. However, with this manifold HPF is doing a little bashing of their own.

        Regardless, we just want the technical details and would like to know which one performs better.
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        Yea cuz hpf messes with everything. My local dyno put better numbers out then there in house dyno. GG you do got some
        knowledge but not on HPF. Goodbye bimmerboost. Please leave my name
        outta of this thread because I don't feel like replying.

        I would take the steedspeed but I don't doubt hpf decisions. Now leave me outta it.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Yea cuz hpf messes with everything. My local dyno put better numbers out then there in house dyno. GG you do got some
        knowledge but not on HPF. Goodbye bimmerboost. Please leave my name
        outta of this thread because I don't feel like replying.

        I would take the steedspeed but I don't doubt hpf decisions. Now leave me outta it.
        Whatever you want but no need to take this so seriously. It's a new development and kind of a large that one that people are going to discuss. No reason for any bad feelings over this.